Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the April Ride of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
675 Posts

2018 ZR2, Gas. Best ride was first drive home from the dealership. (First picture). Mostly stock. Datin fab shock skids. AEM dry flow air filter. K&N cabin filter. WEATHERTECH mud guards. GM bug deflector. AMP bed extender.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
2016 Colorado Z71 TrailBoss v6 supercharged. Bison Rear bumper and skids, Midwest Overland Front bumper with x20 winch, Fox 2.5 with remote reservoir with dual adjusters with 2" overall lift, Mallett Stage 2 supercharger with Mallett front Y pipe exhaust that leads to a GMPP exhaust cat back. Bug shield/guard by EGR. Baja Designs Squadron R with yellow dual lens foglights with GM led bezel trim. Reflective Colorado logo on trailboss bars. Datin Molly internal rack for fuel cans and camping gear, Gatortrax MX tonnou. So far i dont have any "favorite" memories of it. I just love the truck a lot. these are fond memories now but... I back it into a fence owning it for 3 months--to which I lost, and i took it off-roading 2 times, yaya alot of off trails woo, and now with the super i cant be more impressed by it and by far my best vehicle ive owned!

Attachments

Reactions: 93Duc and RCuriel

·
Registered
2017 chevy colorado z71
133 Posts
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6
  • Rough Country 1.25" body lift.
  • Ready lift 2" front level
  • Billistien front and rear shocks
  • Peak tie rod sleeves
  • 589 Front skid plate
  • RAGO Rear Shock Skids
  • Icon Rebound Wheels
  • Red Epoxy paint calipers
  • 265/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler
  • Trifecta Tune
  • Cold Air Induction CAI
  • All lights on mod
  • Rough country curved light bar in grill wired to oem aux light switch
  • ZR2 skids with 589 side step
  • Rhino liner bed
  • Oem add on hooks in bed
  • 589 bed tire carrier
  • Oem rubber mats front rear
  • Removed fog light chrome replaced with black
  • Removed chrome lettering replaced with black to include bow tie
  • Tint and tint strip
  • Black vinyl center of hood
  • Mini antenna
  • 589 bed support corners
  • Aftermarket led projector black headlights
  • Every bulb replaced with led
  • Added oem heated steering dyed stitches red
  • Added oem heated side mirrors
  • Added oem sport bar and oem lights
  • ZR2 "chevrolet" grill
  • Red hella horns wired to oem horn
  • Black exhaust tip
  • Center Console organizer
  • Oem fender flares
  • Cut liner mount "waffle mod"
  • Red tow hooks
  • Oem Chevy performance door vinyl
  • OEM Chevy performance door sills
  • Oem Chevy performance interior center badge
  • Oem led bed light
I've had alot if cars, Volkswagen, jeeps, Mercedes, this is by far one of the most enjoyable.
Favorite memory: I picked up my 4 year old son who didn't know I was getting a different car. He's in the back in his car seat and I hear him say "Daddy feels like we are flying, we are so high up"

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
671 Posts
Why not play? My 2020 Z71 Trail Runner edition.
Modifications: Fox 2.0 shocks, Bison wheels with BFG KO2's in 255/75r17, AEV Snorkel, Full AEV skid plates (gas tank is on the way), Baja Designs Squadron Pro lights in the fogs and ditch lights on CBI brackets, Leer topper with a Baja Racks basket with Baja Designs S2 sport chase and rear lights and a Topper Lift Nomad Bed tent, custom sleeping platform with tool drawers, ARB awning, Datin shocks skids, Trigger 4 Plus to control the lights and ARB compressor, Kenwood TM-V71A ham radio, and Homelink rearview mirror. Oh, and black badges. :ROFLMAO: (There are a bunch of smaller modifications too, feel free to check out my build thread, linked in my signature.)

Favorite memory, so far, was putting the cooler loaded with my first deer in the truck to drive home late at night, bloody, exhausted, dehydrated, and starving but with a mile-wide smile.

(This is ME in the picture so hopefully that's ok. If not, please PM me and I'll put a different picture in)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I'll give this a shot!

I got my 2018 Canyon All Terrain Duramax a few months back and have been loving it so far!!!

Mods so far:
Morimoto 2stroke 3.0 High and Low Beam LEDs (forum buy, highly recommend!!)
S&B Air Intake
Morimoto XB Fog assemblies (not here yet but also forum buy!!)
Actually ordered a set of Eibach 2.0 coils today so those wont count either :p

Favorite memory about this truck has been when I took a trip about an hour and a half from my job to go to a lab and do EMI testing on one of our products, getting 27mpg all the way there doing 70-75mph (flow of traffic), and then proceeding to send a picture of the display to my dad gloating a little bit since he just got a fancy new Jeep Gladiator =P.

Second best thing about this truck is that after giving my roommate a ride in it for about 6 months since his poor little Sonic died, he decided that his next vehicle would be a GMC Sierra All Terrain X! I'm 5'3" and he's 6'5" I think so he needed the bigger version lol.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 3.6 v6 Midnight Edition with sports bar
142 Posts
2019 ZR2 3.6

Upgrades include:
Truxedo soft bed cover
JL Audio SB-GM-COCREW2G/10TW3 Stealth sub box to fit under rear seat.
JL Audio MX500/1 500 Watt marine mono subwoofer amp
Audio Control LC2i Pro
Replaced useless wireless charger console bucket with pocket type. I then put the remote bass knob in this area so it is easily adjusted depending on the music, my tastes, or my passengers.
AVS Window vents
AVS hood protector / bug deflector
RokBlokz front and rear mudflaps
Dee Zee DZ87009 Heavyweight Bed Mat. This was mostly to keep stuff from sliding on the slick factory bed liner.
Gold badging delete
I will be adding a supercharger and move the shocks outboard after warranty expires, or after I've had the truck long enough to feel it will last. I've had it 5 months. I'm also going to subtly backlight the ZR2 cutout on the sports bar. Still working on the specifics...

After AVS additions, but before I put on RokBlox

Before I put on window vents. Also fixed the 2 things that the dealer added (sports bar and bed lighting) that was a wiring mess and unsafe. They even managed to put the factory LED light brackets on backwards as can be seen above.

I still have the 60% portion of the seat out so I can do my final adjustments on the Audio Control LC2i Pro. Once finished, this will be virtually hidden but inside the vehicle it sounds great. Outside it can't be heard very far. Just how I wanted it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I love that this truck is so versatile. My main use for this is getting to work in really bad winter conditions. I must say that I have never, NOT, made it to work. I've been in some pretty nasty conditions but always made it on time. I think my favorite use for it is my yearly fishing trip into the bush with my son. He is standing at the rear of the truck in one of the pics(sorry). I only have a 1.25 inch level but I think it is enough for my uses.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tossing my hat in the ring. This is my 2016 Colorado with 2.8 Duramax. 6" RC lift with 33" tires on 20" wheels. Soler Performance Electronic Throttle Controller. Have many more things planned for it. My favorite aspect is the heads turning and compliments I get when I drive around town.

·
Registered
2016 Colorado Z71 4x4 Short Bed Chevy Cold Air Intake, Catback 1” Front Uplift. Hard Bed Cover.
4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2021 ZR2 Bison, purchased 12/26/20.
Mods so far are pretty minimal:
Ditch lights
Rear bumper LED cubes (they fit nicely in the AEV rear bumper)
Gator EFX folding Tonneau
All bulbs swapped out for 6k LED's
Favorite aspect(s) of the truck/memory:
I'm truly impressed with the ride quality of the truck, it soaks up bumps really nicely and doesn't have the typical 'truck-like' ride - making this great for road trips for me, my wife and our two dogs (who hated the lowered Mustang I had prior to this truck). We've done several trail drives, a trip to the sand dunes of Pismo, snow-wheeling, and quite a bit of muddy adventures already. The truck is proving to be VERY capable and enjoyable. Favorite memory so far - my wife panicking as she heard branches scraping down the side of the truck on a trail drive I organized with over 15 vehicles just a week after buying it, LOL

·
Premium Member
2018 ZR2 Duramax
126 Posts
2018 Zr2

Some of the performance mods:
SDP compound turbo kit run at 70psi
Billet Mahle pistons with stock compression, Carillo H beam rods,
ARP head studs,
Exergy %60 over injectors,
Triple disc billet torque converter,
Turbonetics intercooler
FASS 110gph fuel air/water separator pump,
Full 4” exhaust,
4.10 gears,
Snow performance stage 3 methanol.

Suspension mods:
Bds 4” lift
Peak adjustable coil over kit set at 2”
Peak UCA with delta joints
Add a leaf
Roadmaster active suspension
King 2” air/hydraulic bumpstops

Probably my favorite memory was the four hour trip home the day I purchased the truck. Came from a stripped out super duty and I couldn’t believe how many options and how comfortable the inside was and also how well it handled on the interstate.

My favorite thing about the truck is how well it handles off-road. And the size of it makes it so much more nimble out in the woods than a full-size truck.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
2018 Zr2

ARP head studs,
Turbonetics intercooler
Full 4” exhaust,
4.10 gears,

Suspension mods:
Bds 4” lift
Add a leaf

Probably my favorite memory was the four hour trip home the day I purchased the truck. Came from a stripped out super duty and I couldn’t believe how many options and how comfortable the inside was and also how well it handled on the interstate.

My favorite thing about the truck is how well it handles off-road. And the size of it makes it so much more nimble out in the woods than a full-size truck.
hahah hardly fair man.. thats an amazing rig!

·
Registered
2021 Chevy ZR2 ECLB, Blue-the best color
95 Posts
2018 Zr2
View attachment 408935 View attachment 408936 View attachment 408937
ARP head studs,
Turbonetics intercooler
Full 4” exhaust,
4.10 gears,

Suspension mods:
Bds 4” lift
Add a leaf

what about bumpers, wheels and anything else? what cutting did you do to fit 37"s? are the 4.10 gears enough to turn the tires?

·
Premium Member
2018 ZR2 Duramax
126 Posts
what about bumpers, wheels and anything else? what cutting did you do to fit 37"s? are the 4.10 gears enough to turn the tires?
Didn’t want to spam my post with too much crap lol.

Bumpers are ADD stealth front( with Rigid light bar) and rear, with some custom work to mount swing out spare tire. Wheels are AEV duelsport creststones, tires are 37x12.50x17r Micky Thompson Baja Boss.

Lots of front cutting to fit on front, put the King bumpstops on the rear to prematurely bottom out 1” early so I didn’t have to cut any of the rear fenders away.

For a stock 2.8, 4.10’s is probably enough for the 37’s but 4.56s would be better. But with the bigger turbo it’s definitely enough.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.