Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thank you! Frustrating that has to be that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I’m new to this forum and new to the Colorado world. I just installed the step lights yesterday and wanted to throw my 2 cents in since there’s so much discussion about how to wire them. So far they work great. I wired mine to my tail lights. Pulled both factory lights out, skinned all 4 wires, black, gray, yellow and orange and connected the negatives together. I then started the truck, turned running lights on and connected the Anzo running light wire to the factory wires until it did the proper function. Turn signal was next. My yellow Anzo wire did operate the sequential turn signal. I opted to leave that out since all the lights on the back of the truck are red. After I had each Anzo wire wrapped around its proper corresponding wire in the factory harness I checked all operations. Used a 2’ level pressed against the brake pedal and wedged against the seat to operate brake lights! When everything worked as it should I tested all functions with the head lights on. All functions worked perfect. I then soldered all connections and wrapped them with electrical tape. I like that I wired them to be red turn signals instead of the amber sequential

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
How are these holding up so far after being installed on your trucks for a while?

I missed this post before,

Mine are still holding up and working.

Plastic faded evenly (when they were new, they looked "blacker" than the stock plastic but now it matches.)

Lenses turned a little yellow. Posting this update because I ended up re-sealing them with silicone again this weekend. After using them for a while (stepping on them) the lenses because a little loose again so I sealed them to prevent moisture and to kinda act like glue.

Here is how they look now. Everything still works 3 years later. Well, the ANZO plastic logo fell off, but thats not a big deal for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How are these holding up so far after being installed on your trucks for a while?

I missed this post before,

Mine are still holding up and working.

Plastic faded evenly (when they were new, they looked "blacker" than the stock plastic but now it matches.)

Lenses turned a little yellow. Posting this update because I ended up re-sealing them with silicone again this weekend. After using them for a while (stepping on them) the lenses because a little loose again so I sealed them to prevent moisture and to kinda act like glue.

Here is how they look now. Everything still works 3 years later. Well, the ANZO plastic logo fell off, but thats not a big deal for me.

Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado V6 Crew Cab Long Bed
1,146 Posts
Spoonman, definitely keep us updated. Anzo never replied to my request a month ago about the aftermarket headlights, but these are on my list.
I want to say it would probably make it easier to install by going ahead and removing the bumper. The bumper is held on by some pretty large bolts that were a MAJOR pain to get off with a ratchet. I recommend a powerful air ratchet. I think they have the OEM step secured in one spot with a rivet. That annoyed me.
Anzo probably didn’t reply because of a GM Patent issue. I recently called them regarding tail lights, and they informed me that they had to pull them along with the headlights from the market because of a conflict in design with GM. They told me that they are currently redesigning both and will be available in the fall.
That’s why some of the tail lights and headlights are only listed on their site up to the 2017 model year.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I assume these were discontinued? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts