Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Stuck in traffic today and saw a Siverado with bumper step LEDs. No way to determine if the are same brand, but they were not very attractive and appeared to have some individual leds that failed.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Any photos showing how they look/function at night ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
See that on a lot of tailgate bars too.
Yea, I still have my 13 year old pickup with 185k mi. All the inexpensive interior and exterior lamps, except the headlights, are original. If one burns out, they are $2. I think I will just be un-cool let other people pay $10-$60 each for LED lamps that burn out a lot.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I noticed you covered up your licence plate in your photos. Why? Do you drive around on the street with it covered too. My point is your plate number is already public information so why bother covering it in photos?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bumpers are the same 15/16
canyon or Colorado

Very thin metal..

GB
Not really that thin. I backed into my son's Volvo and did about $500 worth of damage and didn't even scratch the rear bumper on the Canyon.

Reactions: k7tnt

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
How Bright are the back up LED's Its hard to tell from the video.
Sorry for the late reply. They are bright but not much throw. Meaning they don't really light up far back like my led reverse lights.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Since I'm here, 9 month update.

Everything still working. No failed leds or water leaks (but I did do the extra step of adding a bead of clear silicone when I installed mine)

I noticed that the anzo website was changed and it no longer states that it has the amber color or sequential turn signal feature. I guess they realized what we figured out on here that the us spec Colorado didn't have a dedicated turn signal only lead.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Based on Blue15COloradoLT’s previous post here (http://coloradofans.com/forums/201-...286601-how-add-resistors-led-tail-lights.html)
Black = Negative
Gray = Brake Light / Turn Signal Positive
Orange = Tail Light Positive
Yellow = Reverse light Positive.

So functions will be :
•Dim red running
•Brighter red Brake
•red turn signal (on off)
•White reverse.
Hey Spoonman, Sorry to bring up an old thread!

Just to clarify, did you just T-tap the wires based on their label from Anzo & the colored wires blue provided above?

Also, any further updates after another year with the step lights??

Thanks a ton for the detailed write up!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hey Spoonman, Sorry to bring up an old thread!

Just to clarify, did you just T-tap the wires based on their label from Anzo & the colored wires blue provided above?

Also, any further updates after another year with the step lights??

Thanks a ton for the detailed write up!

Yeah, that is what I did. The turn signal wire ends up not being connected to anything because of the lack of a dedicated turn signal wire. Not sure if Anzo made a revision to remove the wire in later production batches or not.

The only thing I wish I knew back then was that there are those posi-tap connectors. They look to be a less instrusive way to splice into the stock taillight harness with less involvement than the scotchlocks/T-Taps.

Almost two years later and mine are still going. The lenses have yellowed a bit, but im sure I could buff them a bit to get them clear (like restoring yellowed headlights).

One of the lenses is popping off a bit, I need to run a new bead of clear silicone. I see a lot of complaints that they lenses fall off, but I think adding the silicone helps prevent that. Too bad it isnt recommended anywhere else other than my write-up or else those people complaining about it might have been able to avoid the issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, that is what I did. The turn signal wire ends up not being connected to anything because of the lack of a dedicated turn signal wire. Not sure if Anzo made a revision to remove the wire in later production batches or not.

The only thing I wish I knew back then was that there are those posi-tap connectors. They look to be a less instrusive way to splice into the stock taillight harness with less involvement than the scotchlocks/T-Taps.

Almost two years later and mine are still going. The lenses have yellowed a bit, but im sure I could buff them a bit to get them clear (like restoring yellowed headlights).

One of the lenses is popping off a bit, I need to run a new bead of clear silicone. I see a lot of complaints that they lenses fall off, but I think adding the silicone helps prevent that. Too bad it isnt recommended anywhere else other than my write-up or else those people complaining about it might have been able to avoid the issue.
Wow those posi-tap connectors are wicked! They would definitely make it a lot easier to remove if required in the future!

Thanks for the pro-tip

·
Registered
419 Posts
finally installed

well, after having the box sitting in the closet for 3 months, I finally installed them today.
(the 'brake' pic is hazard lights as nobody was around to press the pedal)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
JP1, those pics look amazing with your canyon lights....

Spoonman, question for you... since you probably done the most research on this.... Is it possible to remove the turn signal function to the brake lights, then have only the anzo act as the turn signal?

Reactions: JP1

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
JP1, those pics look amazing with your canyon lights....

Spoonman, question for you... since you probably done the most research on this.... Is it possible to remove the turn signal function to the brake lights, then have only the anzo act as the turn signal?

On the tail lights, not that I know. If you wanted them to act just as turn signals I think the only way to do that would be to run a new wire for each side from the front turn signal (on the headlights)

The trailer plug doesn’t have a dedicated turn light either since they would turn on with the brakes.

If you tapped the front turn signals you could actually use the sequential amber turns if you connected the turn wire on the step lights ( if that’s still even an option on these lights).

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have read all the posts, well I think I have ... and my brake lights on this are still AMBER. Any new suggestions? Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I have read all the posts, well I think I have ... and my brake lights on this are still AMBER. Any new suggestions? Thank you!!
you cannot connect the "turn signal" wire on the step to anything.

Seems like the lights were designed thinking the turn signals had a dedicated wire, but they dont.

The sequential feature wont work unless you possible add wiring and connect the turn signal wire from the step lights to the turn signal from the front headlights.

The only turn feature you will have (if you only connect the brake wire) is a blinking red step light with the turn signal (no sequetial)

41 - 60 of 68 Posts