Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Anzo Switchbacks on their zr2? The install video by Anzo says nothing about removing the bumper but it appears as that is the only way to get the grill off. Could use a breakdown on the install on a zr2 and any advice. Don't want to take the bumper off if I don't have too. Thanks Rick

·
Registered
733 Posts
Has anyone installed the Anzo Switchbacks on their zr2? The install video by Anzo says nothing about removing the bumper but it appears as that is the only way to get the grill off. Could use a breakdown on the install on a zr2 and any advice. Don't want to take the bumper off if I don't have too. Thanks Rick
i want pics of this when your done

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I haven't done this, nor removed the headlights, but I have had grill and bumper off my ZR2. From what I saw, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to take the grill/bumper assembly off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
I removed my whole front facia and bumper pieces to remove my headlights and do an HID retrofit. PIA the first time, but in actuality not that terrible.

I used this thread and it was quite helpful. - - >
Detailed Colorado Bumper Removal w/pics and Fog light install
http://coloradofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320738

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
I removed my whole front facia and bumper pieces to remove my headlights and do an HID retrofit. PIA the first time, but in actuality not that terrible.

I used this thread and it was quite helpful. - - >
Detailed Colorado Bumper Removal w/pics and Fog light install
http://coloradofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320738
how much different is the zr2 mounting im looking to do a zr2 front end conversion on my long bed

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
For the built-in switchbacks, no. If you want LED turn signal switchbacks, that will require load resistors. The turn signals are halogen in the Anzos.

·
Registered
488 Posts
For the built-in switchbacks, no. If you want LED turn signal switchbacks, that will require load resistors. The turn signals are halogen in the Anzos.
So the white LED beams are the DRL in these and not the low beam? When you say LED turn signals do you mean separate bulbs or are you talking about that illuminated LED beam is the turn signal?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
So the white LED beams are the DRL in these and not the low beam? When you say LED turn signals do you mean separate bulbs or are you talking about that illuminated LED beam is the turn signal?
No. The DRL in the Anzo is the low beam halogen H7, the high beam a halogen 9005, the turn signal is a halogen 7443, and the side marker a halogen 921. The LED switchback strip is separate from these.

The LED strip is tied only to turn signals, not DRLs. The switchback function only works when the low beams are on, but the turn signal function always activates with the halogen turn signals, there's just no white LEDs.

My comment above was if you wanted to also run turn signal switchbacks like @Diode Dynamics 7443 LED switchbacks and a XP50 921, you'll need resistors. Otherwise, the ANZOs are plug and play.

The bulbs that come with it are not bad at all, I ran the low beams for a few months before getting a deal on HIDs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts