Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dash just says "OK" for DEF level and I'm curious if there is a way to check the level?

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have both DEF Level(%) and DEF Range(miles) programmed into my Scangauge. Typically, I just browse through the DEF Range every few weeks.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It will change from "OK" when it gets to 30% remaining and then read down from there. I typically fill it with a 2.5gallon jug when I see it at 25% so
Mine took 2.5 gallons @ 29% and now OBDFusion reads it as 48% full. Wondering if anyone else has had that happen.

Suns, OBDFusion/Torque have a bunch of neat sensors you can use with an OBD bluetooth reader.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good info guys.

I do have an OBD BT reader and the Torque app but my Amp Steps are also plugged in to that.

Anyways, the 30% rule makes me feel better.

Is it a 10 gallon tank? So for instance when I get down to 20-25% I can add 3 boxes of 2.5 gallons each?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Good info guys.

I do have an OBD BT reader and the Torque app but my Amp Steps are also plugged in to that.

Anyways, the 30% rule makes me feel better.

Is it a 10 gallon tank? So for instance when I get down to 20-25% I can add 3 boxes of 2.5 gallons each?

Thanks!
Can definitely tell you came from a fullsize. It's a ~5gallon tank mounted above the spare tire in the rear of the frame.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered the "Blue Driver" bluetooth obd2 dongle, the blue driver app has access to the def fill %. Not having a def gauge was bugging me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I just got OBD Fusion up and running ($3.99 app) and really like how configurable it is. Got just the setup I was looking for. Was going to describe it, but a picture is worth a lot of blathering words :smile:

Not sure if the EGR dial works. The PIDs were mostly included in the app itself, lots of good info in the sticky DMax Engine Monitors thread too. OF course I had to test it out, it appears the max stock boost is 22 PSI :laugh: Photo taken while it was idling in my garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got OBD Fusion up and running ($3.99 app) and really like how configurable it is. Got just the setup I was looking for. Was going to describe it, but a picture is worth a lot of blathering words :smile:

Not sure if the EGR dial works. The PIDs were mostly included in the app itself, lots of good info in the sticky DMax Engine Monitors thread too. OF course I had to test it out, it appears the max stock boost is 22 PSI :laugh: Photo taken while it was idling in my garage.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but what PID did you use for the DEF level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine took 2.5 gallons @ 29% and now OBDFusion reads it as 48% full. Wondering if anyone else has had that happen.

Suns, OBDFusion/Torque have a bunch of neat sensors you can use with an OBD bluetooth reader.
Yeah mine has been at 46% for 5000 km.. since I got it new.. I will have to check again the parameters for obd fusion.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have both DEF Level(%) and DEF Range(miles) programmed into my Scangauge. Typically, I just browse through the DEF Range every few weeks.
Do you have a write up on how to program the scangauge? I have one, but I have never tried to add anything to it.

thanks.

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
IMO now y'all are trying to reinvent the wheel in this thread.

Now that this OP has his answer, you should really move your setup talk to the "Dmax engine monitors" thread as there is already some of this info in there. Best to keep all the same talk in the same place no? :wink2:

·
Registered
599 Posts
IMO now y'all are trying to reinvent the wheel in this thread.

Now that this OP has his answer, you should really move your setup talk to the "Dmax engine monitors" thread as there is already some of this info in there. Best to keep all the same talk in the same place no? :wink2:
Yes and no, merging threads can lead to confusion. Just my 2cents. You merge a thread then trying to figure out the original thread is very confusing from a end-user's POV.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Yes and no, merging threads can lead to confusion. Just my 2cents. You merge a thread then trying to figure out the original thread is very confusing from a end-user's POV.
Never said I wanted to merge, rather that people should post the setup/configuration stuff there :wink2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.