Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all. Anyone making a front skid plate? I want to replace the plastic "shield" with a steel skid plate.

·
Administrator
2,734 Posts
There is someone who is currently working on a prototype. As soon as he gets them to production, they'll be posted up.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
What's taking so long? Come on aftermarket, it's just some steel with holes in the correct locations, I don't see this taking that much R&D time.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
What's taking so long? Come on aftermarket, it's just some steel with holes in the correct locations, I don't see this taking that much R&D time.

Give them a break!
They're still trying to figure out the wheel lug pattern situation...>:)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see Rough Country has a lift kit which includes front skids. I just emailed them to see if they will sell them separately. Will report back.

But asking again, anyone come across front skids yet?

·
Registered
626 Posts
After all the shenanigans on here, they've probably re-directed everyone to get working on a new "AIR DARN" design....

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I see Rough Country has a lift kit which includes front skids. I just emailed them to see if they will sell them separately. Will report back.

But asking again, anyone come across front skids yet?
Hate to be the bearer of bad news......I doubt it will, I think it bolts to their front lift assembly.

Here is a pic from their instructions:

brace for some bad news.

Now could you modify it, yes. So let me know if they are selling it separately.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too bad that post does not give a link to see the actual product. Not sure what is going on. They say they have one but give no link or details.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I believe Deadly99 got one from them. You may want to ask him. I think they are aluminum as well instead of steel.

Reactions: deadly99

·
Registered
735 Posts
I received mine the other day, will be bolting it on this weekend. Aluminum. Quality seems great. Came powder coated black which was a bonus.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts