Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive been looking at the ANZO headlights for sometime and want to pull the trigger. Came across these today on an eBay search looking for LED lights. Anyone ever seen them, tried them, have them installed??? Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-2015...ash=item28465ddbbb:g:cNwAAOSwWHBaCkxm&vxp=mtr
I installed them last week. Took way longer than expected. I think if I did it again, I could do it in a little over an hour. But with taking my time, having never taken this front end apart, i spent 4 hours of a Saturday afternoon. you have to remove the entire front bumper cover75% of the way, having ninja tiny fingers to remove the three bolts (per side) that connect the bumper cover to the fenders off. A racheting 8mm box end wrench combined with a 90° drill attachment helped tonnns. (Lowe's: http://low.es/1BOJTra )
The rubber gasket around them around one of the lights isn't the best, but the quality of them is far better than other aftermarket lights that I've owned. I could probably have it warrantied, but to be honest, I installed them before I noticed, and I don't want to tear the truck apart again. I paired them with DDM tuning LED low beams, and love the final product. Hugeeeeee improvement from stock. The bulbs in the new lights are a different size than stock, so do your research. The lights are bigger than you'd think, and awkward to get into their propper home, so TAKE YOUR TIME, or you WILL break something. Also, try not to sepperation the grill from the bumper cover, it's a pain to get the plastic snaps to re connect..... Make sure all the bummper cover tabs are in their propper home prior to smacking it back into place. Good luck!
Looks awesome, totally worth the headache. Don't start the job if you can't dedicate the afternoon/evening to it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Ive been looking at the ANZO headlights for sometime and want to pull the trigger. Came across these today on an eBay search looking for LED lights. Anyone ever seen them, tried them, have them installed??? Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-2015...ash=item28465ddbbb:g:cNwAAOSwWHBaCkxm&vxp=mtr
Keep in mind there are the cheap ones and the Anzos. I doubt there is a difference other than price but not sure??? I wonder because I worry about the led's reliably over time. I know the led itself lasts damn near forever but the circuit that drives it is the problem sometimes. Also keep in mind the switch back style too...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Keep in mind there are the cheap ones and the Anzos. I doubt there is a difference other than price but not sure??? I wonder because I worry about the led's reliably over time. I know the led itself lasts damn near forever but the circuit that drives it is the problem sometimes. Also keep in mind the switch back style too...
For clarification I bought the anzo chrome switchback style. Best price was smummitracing.com

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I installed them last week. Took way longer than expected. I think if I did it again, I could do it in a little over an hour. But with taking my time, having never taken this front end apart, i spent 4 hours of a Saturday afternoon. you have to remove the entire front bumper cover75% of the way, having ninja tiny fingers to remove the three bolts (per side) that connect the bumper cover to the fenders off. A racheting 8mm box end wrench combined with a 90° drill attachment helped tonnns. (Lowe's: http://low.es/1BOJTra )
Different light than the OP posted about, but nice heads ups about installation pitfalls.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I like the look. Interested to see if anyone has tried them yet

Also, check out my sig for a pic how-to to remove the front bumper cover to get to the lights. It's really not that hard, just take your time.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I like the look. Interested to see if anyone has tried them yet

Also, check out my sig for a pic how-to to remove the front bumper cover to get to the lights. It's really not that hard, just take your time.

@spoonman 1st posted about these lights last week, so maybe.....:grin2:

Reactions: kaiser67

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
So does the led bar come on as DRLs? Or just with the headlights? Anyone?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So does the led bar come on as DRLs? Or just with the headlights? Anyone?

Thats the main reason I posted this! Was hoping to find someone who has tried them to confirm. I was about to pull the trigger on the ANZO switchbacks but was told that the LED light bars dont stay on as DRLs. Unless I was told wrong???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thats the main reason I posted this! Was hoping to find someone who has tried them to confirm. I was about to pull the trigger on the ANZO switchbacks but was told that the LED light bars dont stay on as DRLs. Unless I was told wrong???
If my lights are on "auto" the led switchback bars run as drls. The low beams are also on. If you put the switch to parking lights, the low beams go off.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
If my lights are on "auto" the led switchback bars run as drls. The low beams are also on. If you put the switch to parking lights, the low beams go off.

Thanks for that. Where did you get these? Are they the chrome switchbacks? Sorry if you posted already, it's getting cluttered and confusing in here. Link please? TIA!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Glad to see some different styles coming out. Now to just see what they actually look like on a truck and how they perform!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.