Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

101 - 120 of 189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,172 Posts
My model does not have a stop associated with the UCA. Closest stop I can tell on mine is an extra bolt just lower and towards outside of vehicle on the lower control arm. Due to this location and the fact that nothing changed in this location, downward travel is close to the same as before.
All of our trucks have the same droop stop except maybe the ZR2.

It looks like this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad you posted that picture. With dirt on it, and trying to get my head around tire I missed it. Looks like I have almost 1” of movement before it hits stop. What that equates to tire movement due to geometry I have to say is a few inches at least. Will have to see what it is by jacking truck up.

·
Super Moderator
4,172 Posts
Glad you posted that picture. With dirt on it, and trying to get my head around tire I missed it. Looks like I have almost 1” of movement before it hits stop. What that equates to tire movement due to geometry I have to sat is a few inches at least. Will have to see what it is by jacking truck up.
If you can get those numbers that would help us quite a bit. Curious if the UCA is angled different as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So here is what it looks like with the Ready Lift UCA installed. It is a little deceiving in that due to tube placement it will not hit directly on the bottom (center of tube). So about a 1" drop before it hits stop. I drew it up in a cad system with some very rough measurements and it looks like the grease cert on the UCA can move about 3" down when the UCA hits the stop. Further out to center of wheel will likely be more but other geometry with the LCA comes into play so that would be a complete guess. I will verify as soon as I can get a decent jack as I also want to check the torque on the axle nut.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So here is what it looks like with the Ready Lift UCA installed. It is a little deceiving in that due to tube placement it will not hit directly on the bottom (center of tube). So about a 1" drop before it hits stop. I drew it up in a cad system with some very rough measurements and it looks like the grease cert on the UCA can move about 3" down when the UCA hits the stop. Further out to center of wheel will likely be more but other geometry with the LCA comes into play so that would be a complete guess. I will verify as soon as I can get a decent jack as I also want to check the torque on the axle nut.
View attachment 385882 View attachment 385881
I wonder if cutting it off and welding it 1/2" or so lower would help.

·
Super Moderator
4,172 Posts
View attachment 385882 View attachment 385881
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Readylift 3.5" lift....decent lift kit, ride is near stock but not crazy about the CV angles. Clunks over sharp bumps such as a speed bump as others have stated. Does have a subtle noise at speed not tire related but one I can only attribute to the CV joint. Really compresses the front spring for the lift hat. Running Falken Wildpeak A/T3W - 285/70/17 tires on Method MR702 17x8.5 wheels. Installed the fender liner relocation brackets which worked well. Passenger side required minimal trimming while the driver's side needed more aggressive trimming to the fender liner, plastic trim and pinch weld.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well that other geometry kicked in. So I could only raise the truck up 1-3/8” before the UCA hit the stop. That’s pretty tight. Only 4x4 I do is on a sandy beach and will be months before I do that and so far on city streets I haven’t hit the stop yet. Will have to see in a few months when I hit the beach again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I contacted ready lift about this, there looking into it, but they are blaming the clunk on the diesel aspect, they never tested it on a diesel.(Do the gassers have this issue?) Claiming spring rate vs gas is jacking it up and that this issue has only been heard of once before, they did say may have to remove the kit. So far they are being nice about it but time will tell, I just hope they foot the bill if they say remove it..... As for options as I can see to make it work 1) remove stop relocate it or have a limit strap in its place(going to have to see what happens past that point tho and CV's are allready looking extreme)
2) take the top hat out and have it machined down a tad to make a lil extra clearance for the stop
3)I didn't go with mongo treads but I don't know with the new UCA, diff drop and sway bar would still work with a 2.5 or 3" leveling puck(if they exist) instead
See what they say but I'm pretty sure the dealer allready tossed my old upper arms.......

·
Registered
20 Posts
I contacted ready lift about this, there looking into it, but they are blaming the clunk on the diesel aspect, they never tested it on a diesel.(Do the gassers have this issue?) Claiming spring rate vs gas is jacking it up and that this issue has only been heard of once before, they did say may have to remove the kit. So far they are being nice about it but time will tell, I just hope they foot the bill if they say remove it..... As for options as I can see to make it work 1) remove stop relocate it or have a limit strap in its place(going to have to see what happens past that point tho and CV's are allready looking extreme)
2) take the top hat out and have it machined down a tad to make a lil extra clearance for the stop
3)I didn't go with mongo treads but I don't know with the new UCA, diff drop and sway bar would still work with a 2.5 or 3" leveling puck(if they exist) instead
See what they say but I'm pretty sure the dealer allready tossed my old upper arms.......
I don’t know about quality but there is a company called heavy metal that has a 2.5” and 3” top hat. I had been considering it but like the fact that the ready lift had the replacement UCA and other drop brackets.

·
Super Moderator
4,172 Posts
Well that other geometry kicked in. So I could only raise the truck up 1-3/8” before the UCA hit the stop. That’s pretty tight. Only 4x4 I do is on a sandy beach and will be months before I do that and so far on city streets I haven’t hit the stop yet. Will have to see in a few months when I hit the beach again.
Well damn. :( I was hoping my math and understanding of the product was wrong.

·
Registered
28 Posts
S

So what is the difference between the gas and diesel models?
Best they can tell is spring rate difference, there looking into it, as of now no word of a fix comming. mind you they have had roughly 24hrs on it since I bitched lol, so hopefully get some good news

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well damn. :( I was hoping my math and understanding of the product was wrong.
Yea, I actually lifted it three times and tried to watch how everything moved. I was certain it would move more than that. Just so everyone knows the process. I measured down from fender to edge of rim. Raised it till I could no longer move a piece of paper between stop and UCA and then measured from fender to edge of rim again. Would be nice if someone that has not installed the kit could measure to see how much movement they have to see how much we have lost.

·
Super Moderator
4,172 Posts
Yea, I actually lifted it three times and tried to watch how everything moved. I was certain it would move more than that. Just so everyone knows the process. I measured down from fender to edge of rim. Raised it till I could no longer move a piece of paper between stop and UCA and then measured from fender to edge of rim again. Would be nice if someone that has not installed the kit could measure to see how much movement they have to see how much we have lost.
I've been wanting that info as well but all of the Twins I have easy access to are lifted already.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Best they can tell is spring rate difference, there looking into it, as of now no word of a fix comming. mind you they have had roughly 24hrs on it since I bitched lol, so hopefully get some good news
I emailed them as well asking why all of a sudden they are no longer compatible with the diesel.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The bajakits prerunner +2.5 kit also says to remove droop stop... I have a feeling that's what readylift is going to say to do...

·
Super Moderator
4,172 Posts
The bajakits prerunner +2.5 kit also says to remove droop stop... I have a feeling that's what readylift is going to say to do...
I hope not. With an aftermarket shock with built in protection this is ok but it's not a good idea with OEM shocks. You'll over-extend them and ruin them pretty quickly.

101 - 120 of 189 Posts