Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around here and on GM parts direct and cant seem to pin down the weight on the Z71 17" wheel. Even the weight of the LT 17" would be some sort of reference.

Anybody got it?

My new Generals are 20# heavier per tire than the stock non adventurous goodyear kevlar P rated crap. Stepped up to an LT E rated, starting to look for a lighter wheel to compensate if I can.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Been looking around here and on GM parts direct and cant seem to pin down the weight on the Z71 17" wheel. Even the weight of the LT 17" would be some sort of reference.

Anybody got it?

My new Generals are 20# heavier per tire than the stock non adventurous goodyear kevlar P rated crap. Stepped up to an LT E rated, starting to look for a lighter wheel to compensate if I can.

I had a set of OEM LT wheels shipped to me and IIRC each wheel weighed about 32lbs. Sorry I can't be more accurate. Also I've read that some E-rated tires, because of their extra weight, can cause problems with the electric steering. 20lbs more per tire IMHO, is quite an increase in weight over the OEM P/SL rated tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.