Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm trying to nail down the specs called out by GM, specifically for the ZR2.

It may well that the alignment specs are the same as earlier years and/or all 4x4 models, but as virtually every part in the suspension system is different than a standard model, I'm not inclined to just assume that it's same and would like to see the actual specs listed by GM for this specific model.

;-p

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had my ZR2 aligned about 2500 miles ago back in September/October 17

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
I'm not an alignment expert but I must ask, why do you ask this? Just really curious. Can some alignment guy tell us what the specs are generally? Isn't there a general setting that is close for damn near all vehicles that travel anything other than a circle track or some other special circumstance?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not an alignment expert but I must ask, why do you ask this? Just really curious. Can some alignment guy tell us what the specs are generally? Isn't there a general setting that is close for damn near all vehicles that travel anything other than a circle track or some other special circumstance?
Normally performance vehicles with special suspension set ups, which the ZR2 is considered, have unique alignment specs. This would come from the manufacturer.

When I had my C6 and C7 each had a GM spec sheet for alignment. The C7 has a special set up for high speed track use too.

People mainly ask these questions because they want to get the most out of their vehicle, which I do not blame them one bit.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Normally performance vehicles with special suspension set ups, which the ZR2 is considered, have unique alignment specs. This would come from the manufacturer.

When I had my C6 and C7 each had a GM spec sheet for alignment. The C7 has a special set up for high speed track use too.

People mainly ask these questions because they want to get the most out of their vehicle, which I do not blame them one bit.
yes I get that, just saying if the truck is pulling or something weird the specs from and older truck should make it go down the road straight and not wear tires unevenly. If it does pull could very well be a tire problem. Was curious why he said it is wrong, if it did have a pulling or some other problem. you know?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.