Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
End goal, Add a plug in my bumper where I can plug in a trailer camera that would either automatically override the tailgate camera or perhaps I have to manually switch plugs under the bumper where the tailgate camera plug is at.

If its just a simple analog signal it should be pretty easy to plug and play.

Im just surprised no company has done this if its this simply. All the kit would need would be some matching connectors and wires with a camera. I don't think
any circuits will be needed.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I havent messed with our but I messed with the one on my FJ. It had to be extended and I just cut the wiring and spliced in and it continued to work fine.

I dont see why ours would be any different.

So if you wanted to cut the lead where it goes into the tailgate and splice in a connector to switch between stock or remote located I'd bet it would work. To make things easier compatibility wise Id recommend using an additional OEM rear camera as the other option but if you wanted to do a little homework to dig into the specs I'd suspect that an aftermarket one would probably work too as long as you got something compatible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.