Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 Canyon WT crew cab v6. The only thing that I really want on it is power mirrors. Everything else about the truck is exactly what I wanted. Has anyone converted their WT to power mirrors? If so, do you have a parts list, does anyone make aftermarket, how difficult was it?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm on the same boat. Really bummed out that my truck didn't include power mirrors. I'm wondering if it's just plug and play to convert them or if it's a more involved project. Would really like to know if someone has done this already.

·
Registered
30 Posts
me three
I have been asking the same question with no answer. I have been investigating it but I am stuck on one point right now. I cannot confirm (with out ripping the door apart) whether the wiring loom is all ready there or not. If it is not, obviously you would need the loom from the fuse block to the left door, the loom from the switch to both right and left mirrors, left door panel with switches, left door panel with switches and of course, left and right power mirror - might as well get the heated ones while you're at it. Mirrors w/heat run around $175 (Rockauto aftermarket) depending on whether they are unpainted or chrome.
Just spit balling a price, figuring all junk yard parts, I could realize $850 in parts to do it myself. And I've heard that getting the door panels off and on is a real pain in the ass......
But I would really like to have them.

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
the WT is a rare model on this board, meaning everyone already has power mirrors, so that’s why you’re not getting the responses you’re looking for.

additionally while they are convenient when needed, IMO there really isn’t the need so it’s not worth the haste for most people. I mean how often do you adjust your mirrors? It’s like a set it and forget it kinda thing unless they get bumped when washing or something. Honestly i don’t think i’ve moved my mirrors in the last year, so hardly worth a hundred or two to upgrade IMO.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the WT is a rare model on this board, meaning everyone already has power mirrors, so that’s why you’re not getting the responses you’re looking for.

additionally while they are convenient when needed, IMO there really isn’t the need so it’s not worth the haste for most people. I mean how often do you adjust your mirrors? It’s like a set it and forget it kinda thing unless they get bumped when washing or something. Honestly i don’t think i’ve moved my mirrors in the last year, so hardly worth a hundred or two to upgrade IMO.

Two things:
not only power mirrors but HEATED mirrors! If you are in the snow belt, the heated mirrors real help when conditions are bad.
the other point: when my wife drives, EVERYTHING gets moved. :surprise:. Power mirrors would help when we switch back and forth.

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Two things:
not only power mirrors but HEATED mirrors! If you are in the snow belt, the heated mirrors real help when conditions are bad.
the other point: when my wife drives, EVERYTHING gets moved. :surprise:. Power mirrors would help when we switch back and forth.
Heated mirrors were only added in 2017+ i think, so again limited number out there that dont have it that want to add it but all you want to know about heated mirrors is here in the "heated mirror" topic :wink2:

https://www.coloradofans.com/forums...io-lighting/254778-adding-heated-mirrors.html

·
Registered
84 Posts
Add me to the list. The power mirror thing slipped thru the cracks on me.
Truck had the convenience package so I guess I assumed power mirrors.
As to why needed these HID or LED lights are killing me at night. Huge oversight on the part of GMC. Dealer says they cant be added.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Revisiting this thread hoping for progress.
I could not be happier with my 16 Canyon base especially since the Transmission TSB has been done.
Anyway maybe someone working at Wentzville could let us know if the needed power mirror wiring is in the doors on these things?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Still hoping someone will eventually solve this riddle - yes, I am sorry I didn't realize this new truck didn't have power mirrors - and yes, they are used often - every time one goes to Wally World the mirrors could be moved by other shoppers nearby - readjusting them regularly - NOT "just a few times a year"....... that would only be the case if I never left my house. Anyway, we were told the harness is ready for them, but I need the list of parts required to upgrade. Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
From what I recall there is a post on here with a member that did it. He had a base model and was adding features. He needed the mirrors, the door harness and the switch panel. Pretty much the same as with the full size trucks. Based on his thread it seems the pins are already in the plug on the cab side just like the full size trucks. So you just need the new harness with the extra wires and then well those plug into the mirrors and the switch. I remember the post as I wanted to know if it was possible as well but when it thought about it I didn't wanna spend the money for something I hardly used.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts