Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 2015 Colorado LT Extended, but I have developed some issues with my back/neck since I bought the truck in July 2015. I guess what I'm asking is this: Is there any way to soften the ride without trading my Colorado for a luxury sedan? There are days when I hit a rough RR crossing or a couple of potholes and it just kills my back and neck. I was in a 70-mile per hour interstate collision in a company vehicle and lived to tell about it, so I'm happy to be breathing at all.

Could I change the tires, shocks, modify the suspension? Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Dude, was that you in the I-10 wreck not too long ago? Anyhow, my thoughts are that if you soften this thing up anymore than it is, you might have other things you will need to change. It will be like chasing one thing after another. You could start with a slight lift ( go for RHA shocks), larger diameter tires. That would help, but then introduces body roll. Sure some new sway bars, but those introduce wheel hop. And so on and so on with a little truck. It's up to you and how much you are willing to spend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm in my early 60's and I now use this truck for work, driving about 14K-15K miles per year, most around Pensacola, Florida. It gets great gas mileage and I need a truck for my weekend DIY projects, plus I'm the only one in the family with a truck and I enjoy helping out my kids and grandkids when they need a truck/driver to get a mattress set or big screen TV from the stores.

I don't drive aggressively or do any off-road driving. I was actually thinking about lowering truck with the BellTech 3/4 kit, since I don't really like the height of the vehicle (getting in and out at my age can be challenging at times). So I would like to keep the appearance as stock as possible, so shocks or tires or suspension components would be fine as long as it doesn't raise the truck higher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.