Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I installed 1.5 in spacers on my colorado, and I was just wondering what i should be looking out for. I heard that you have to replace the lugs every now and then? Also, should the factory lugs go on the bolts that hold the spacer on or the bolts that hold the actual tire on. I figure I should put them on the bolts that holds the spacer on because I know they will hold up since they are the actual GM lugs (better quality I assume). Just give me any advice you might have about spacers. Im all ears. Thanks

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Hey everyone,
I installed 1.5 in spacers on my colorado, and I was just wondering what i should be looking out for. I heard that you have to replace the lugs every now and then? Also, should the factory lugs go on the bolts that hold the spacer on or the bolts that hold the actual tire on. I figure I should put them on the bolts that holds the spacer on because I know they will hold up since they are the actual GM lugs (better quality I assume). Just give me any advice you might have about spacers. Im all ears. Thanks
Look (feel) for and vibrations at speed. Inspect the spacers at the thinnest points for cracks (nut holes). You should only have to replace studs if damaged or cross threaded. You should use the nuts they sent to anchor to the hub, and factory nuts to hold on the wheel. And be sure to torque everything to proper specs, and in the proper order. Without knowing or seeing what you bought, I hope they are a wheel/hub-centric variety for the best fit.

Reactions: jpringle33
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.