Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
I purchased my 2017 Z71 about 2 months ago with 21k miles on it. At 23k miles the transmission shudder started, the dealer, and it wasn't where I purchased it, was great. They did the full flush and I have 2,600 miles on it since and it is smooth as silk. I did hit a rumble strip yesterday and had that feeling of dread, but it was just a rumble strip... I have had a few small things like unexplained squeaks, the turn signal not doing the 3 blinks when you just put pressure on it, and my bright lights didn't work one night, but since have been fine. I do love the truck and hope it continues to work out.

canuuk01
Had the Service Airbag Light on my 2016 Colorado Extended Cab about a year ago. Was broken wires in between the rear door and cab, that has shorted the RF crash sensor out. Repaired under warranty.

canuuk01
Had the Service Airbag Light on my 2016 Colorado Extended Cab about a year ago. Was broken wires in between the rear door and cab, that has shorted the RF crash sensor out. Repaired under warranty.
The dealer says it's working properly. Isn't the light supposed to go out when someone sits on the (psgr front) seat and clicks in the seatbelt ?

It should extinguish the light.

Only issue I've had with my '17, was emission related. Had complete DEF system replaced (minus the tank/heater assy.) at 29k miles and under original warranty. Truck has been great since. OD:)
What happened that needed a replacement? I’m asking because my regen cycles were occurring every 250 miles or so and they couldn’t figure out what was causing it.

I have a 2018 ZR2 I bought new & I've had a few minor problems. Oil collant line blew at 2600 km, had some sort of condensation in some emissions canister that had to be replaced around then as well. There was also one recall t replace the oil pump as well. Haven't had any other real problems except a burnt out tail light they replaced last oil change & one of my tires has the clear coat on t peeling which will be repaired under warranty. I have almost 40,000km on it now.

It should extinguish the light.
I finally got the Colorado back to the dealer this morning regarding my airbag light. One of the service advisors came out and showed me how it works .... at least in my 2017 Z71; When there is no one sitting in the front seat, the amber light (above) is on with a line through it and a small #2 beside it indicating that the airbag is not operative. When someone sits in it the amber light switches off and another very similar light without the line running through it goes on, as well as a seatbelt warning light in red. As soon as the person buckles up the red light goes out, but the amber airbag light without the line through it stays on until that person exits the vehicle. He also advised me that the sensor may not pick up small/light persons, such as a child, and the airbag light with the line through it will stay on. This is supposed to ensure small persons or a child will not be hit by the airbag.

2016, bought new, 60k miles currently.

from most recent to earliest:

started shifting into 4wd lo by itself. replaced transfer case motor, still does it. took to dealer paid $125 to tell me its either the TC motor or switch...so I bought the switch and did that myself too. seems to be fixed but it's only been a week. the horrible location of the switch I think is to blame, leave your window cracked and if it gets wet the encoder inside gets fubar'd. my guess anyway.

then the poor idle/no start, turned out to be the evap purge valve. pretty common. $25 for the part and easy to fix yourself since it's right on the valve cover.

oil light came on last summer, was 3 qrts. low, was pretty surprised it seems to be using oil about a quart or so between oil changes.

Radiator blew at the seams 2 yrs. ago, factory defect fixed while it was still under warranty. it happens...

Trans chuggle since new. Pedal commander fixed that after 2 re-flashes made no difference.

I'd say i wouldn't buy another but all in all i like the truck, and these days everything out there being made is over engineered electronic failure buckets anyways, so there isn't really any choice. god forbid they put the stupid active braking/steering/cylinder deactivation crap on the new ones...can't wait to retire and not have to drive new vehicles anymore so I can go back to something reliable.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.