Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like my truck, but, I have had a few problems.
My truck is a 2017 Z71 completely stock
Now has 34k miles on it.
1st problem= valve in gas tank goose neck broke. Could not add gas to truck.
Dealer fixed
2nd problem= trans started having trouble shifting.
Dealer fixed
3rd problem= drivers seat stitching started to come apart
Dealer replaced seat cover
Anyway, all things considered, great truck.
Just drove 600 miles and averaged over 26 per/gal
Schoon

·
Registered
110 Posts
Only issue I've had with my '17, was emission related. Had complete DEF system replaced (minus the tank/heater assy.) at 29k miles and under original warranty. Truck has been great since. OD:)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
My 17" had a bad lifter new, took several tries to get it confirmed by dealer, GM gave me a $600 gift cert for my trouble. No other problems other than sucking all the money from my wallet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My 2016 (bought new) now has about 30k mikes. Only a few minor issues all corrected.

Love my Collie and plan on keeping it till I die. The only complaint I have is the drivers seat is not suitable for me for long trips, which is ok, as I mainly use it around town and our farm.

MPG.....I am getting about 19 mpg in town and about 26 mpg at 65mph highway......very happy with these results.....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Except for a minor shudder issue, which was fixed with the latest flush routine, my ‘17 has been perfect. No other issues at all. Great truck.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
No issues with our 2017 Colorado LT with Convenience Package and Luxury Package with 17,000 miles and will be 3 years old in February 2020.
Well, almost, we still have the MyLink Radio issue where after starting the truck, it displays the Home Screen Icons rather than the last function (FM Radio, XM Radio, USB, etc) that should be displayed.
Our 2017 Chevy Sonic does this correctly and so do 5 other 2017 to 2019 GM vehicles in our family group.
Dealer and GM says they are "aware of the issue" and there was supposed to be a firmware update but we never saw it that fixed this.
Other than that annoying thing, it rides great, good performance, quiet ride.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Same here, a 2016 LT with 17,000 miles and will be 3 years old Sept. 20, 2019.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2019 ZR2 Duramax 20,000km
  • ABS Traction Control and Stabilitrak went. Corroded terminals on the brake module.
  • I'm starting hear and feel the clunk of going from drive to reverse and vice-versa get more violent.
  • The audio cut out 100% for half a day. Apparently it's from switching volume on and off too fast.
When I had my 2015 GMC Canyon SLE 80,000km
- Rarely when it got really cold -25c and below the intellilink wouldn't work

Both truck have had their share of recalls but I never really count those as issues because they took care of it before something went wrong. I look at it as preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
205 Posts
NONE related to the stock vehicle.

I put a zone lift and now have some minor suspension creaks/squeaks to hunt down and eliminate. But other than this, absolutely zero issues but I only have 5k on it right now.

I did some work at my father-in-law's rental property up in the moutains back in June and the truck performed flawlessly in the mud/grassy terrain and hauling rental equipment from Home Depot back and forth.

I bought this over the Tacoma (and test drove the Ranger) and no regrets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've purchased my 2017 Colorado Z71 in July and have had a few issue's, but none that would have me rethinking my purchase. Shortly after buying, I got the "shutter shifting". The dealership kept it for a full day and did the triple fluid change and it's been smooth as glass. Tomorrow I have an appointment to bring it in as the air bag light for the passenger side does not go off whether there is a person sitting in place (seatbelt buckled) or not. This truck also has the pedal commander which was problematic at the beginning, but Pedal Commander USA did a 10 second "flash" to the unit and now it works absolutely great. Especially happy using the PC when towing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2018 Gas ZR2 - 22,000 miles

Absolutely zero issues...

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
2017 Canyon Denali 4WD. Made trips to do the dealer for...

• Damaged airbag harness from the factory caused airbag light to come on within a month of driving off the lot. Harness repaired.
  • Particulate sensor in the exhaust failed, triggered CEL and nothing else. Drove fine, replaced under warranty.
  • Ventilated seat fan in driver's seat back started making noise, replaced under warranty.
There have been some other annoyances that I've taken care of myself...

• Back seat rattle/squeak due to misaligned latch hoop. Fixed with BFH.
  • Driver's seat cover bottom kept coming off the frame, used epoxy to keep the plastic "U" attached to the frame.
  • Passenger side A-pillar grab handle was missing a bolt, was never installed at the factory. Installed bolt + washer.
  • Screws at the top of the glovebox opening weren't properly tightened from the factory, eventually backing out and causing a rattle. Tightened.
  • A/C line that runs across the front of the cowl wasn't adjusted to stay inside the retaining clip and caused a rattle when popped out. Tweaked down to stay in place.
I think that's it? Nothing really worth complaining too much about, overall the truck has been very good. Not Honda good, but good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2018 ZR2 7k miles but this truck was probably the last one built on a Friday. Issues keep coming up, I’d love to keep this truck long term. Idk if I’ll make it past warranty expiring.

1. Leaking rear dssv shock, only thing dealer has successfully fixed up to date.

2. Got the transmission shudder show up at about 2k miles. Dealer aware and pending oil shipment to schedule appointment. Hoping this is a sure fix. Can y’all believe dealer told me this was due to an intake tune specifically for Zr2s first time they tried to replicate? First off I have the regular intake all other Colorado’s have.

3. Rattle which sounds like metal on metal located on pillar by seatbelt. dealer is on it but has been unsuccessful after 3 attempts including a seatbelt assembly replacement. Same problem on the Passenger side pillar. Out of anything this is what drives me crazy considering it’s next to my ear. Had 500 miles first time I noticed this issue.

4. Squeak from rear seat, sounds like it’s the Latch.

5. Squeaky leaf springs at low speeds over speed bumps, uneven pavement or if backing in.

6. Infotainment glitch/ frozen, volume can’t be adjusted. Doesn’t matter if it’s Bluetooth or usb plugged in. On/ off in the truck doesn’t fix. truck gotta be turned off for a few minutes to reset infotainment.

Any recommendation on the seatbelt rattle would be super appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No issues with our 2017 Colorado LT with Convenience Package and Luxury Package with 17,000 miles and will be 3 years old in February 2020.
Well, almost, we still have the MyLink Radio issue where after starting the truck, it displays the Home Screen Icons rather than the last function (FM Radio, XM Radio, USB, etc) that should be displayed.
Our 2017 Chevy Sonic does this correctly and so do 5 other 2017 to 2019 GM vehicles in our family group.
Dealer and GM says they are "aware of the issue" and there was supposed to be a firmware update but we never saw it that fixed this.
Other than that annoying thing, it rides great, good performance, quiet ride.
Yea got that issue also on my 2019, actually till I saw your post I never thought much about it (ha). Thought the home screen was normal, i’ll talk to dealer next time i’m in.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts