Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all

No issue, per say but I noticed this yesterday when I putting the RC fender flares on. I don't have vibration, etc but not sure if I should remedy this.

Do I need UCA
OR differential kit will work as well?

Man ...my 1st venture into lifts and if I had known the issues/lift limitations, etc, I would have just saved up and got the ZR2 and put a level kit and called it a day. LOL.

TIA fellas!

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Without knowing how high your lift is, or if you are not able to bring your alignment into correct spec, we can't necessarily answer your questions.

If you don't have problems, what are you trying to fix? About the only real downside to high CV angles is accelerated boot wear, down the road.

Regarding the ZR2 over the non-ZR2, it really depends on what you want/need to do with the truck. If you don't need the $5k worth of upgrades, it's not worth it just for taller standard height. You can get the same height for under $1000.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^..all my mods are in my signature. Thanks!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Completely glossed over it. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I'll stick with my previous statement. If she aligns correctly and she don't vibrate, the only benefit would be CV boot longevity using a diff drop. Keep in mind, some folks develop a vibration with the diff drop.

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
549 Posts
I personally find that making the cv boots last longer is worth the diff drop but that’s just me.

I tailored my diff drop to provide the best boot life but still work with my skids.

It took me awhile to get mine right though. Maybe you should run it a while and see how it works out. That’s what I did to find a good balance.

Went through 2 cv boots to get it right.:cautious:

·
Registered
750 Posts
I don't know how high a lift you have but on my 2019 4x4 I had the R.C. 2" strut/spring combination leveling kit put in by a suspension shop. My boots have a bit of angle but not that much. My suspension guy and the parts guy at my GM dealership (who had had this kit on his truck 41,000 miles now with no problem) said I would be fine at just 2" without a differential drop. And after alignment my truck drives perfectly straight, no vibrations just as OEM. So I'm not going to lose any sleep over not doing a differential drop to have the boots not have any angle at all since as I said it isn't much of an angle, just some.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
^..all my mods are in my signature. Thanks!
I say the diff drop for sure! And not just for the boots. Those axles were not designed for those angles so get it back as close to stock as possible, the only way to do that is the diff drop. I know some here disagree (just for boots) but there is no proof either way. I can tell you we have had quite a few axle seal failures on leveled trucks too....So yeah, just do it.

Reactions: HenryT

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am of the belief that if you are not suffering from any handling and or ride issues, just leave it. Then again if it makes you feel better, for less than $40 and a little work you could install the drop and see how it works out.

JMHO
No expertise implied or expressed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts