Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the AllSales Manufacturing Inc (AMI) fuel door? Thinking about putting the all black one on the truck, and was looking for opinions on them from those who have them and see if they are really worth $100.

Pics would be great too! Thanks!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have the chrome door with the black rim. I think it looks great, and worth the money. The only problem is that I have to pull it open with my fingernail :x . Unfortunately it's not like some of the ones made for other vehicles that you just press and it pops open. The guys who pump my gas can never get it open, so I get out and do it.

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
I've had my all chrome locking door for over 2 years now. The only issue I have with it is that for chrome it scratches pretty easy.

02specv said:
Augsdoggs said:
The guys who pump my gas can never get it open, so I get out and do it.
pump your own gas you lazy bum :p

I'm not sure what it's like in NY but in Oregon you CAN'T pump your own gas. It's against the law. Some sort of right to work labor law because it provides a job.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, I really like the look. I wish the all black one came with black hex screws also, but I'm sure that's something I could replace.

Does it sit flush well with the body of the truck?

·
Registered
872 Posts
DBNissan said:
I've had my all chrome locking door for over 2 years now. The only issue I have with it is that for chrome it scratches pretty easy.

02specv said:
Augsdoggs said:
The guys who pump my gas can never get it open, so I get out and do it.
pump your own gas you lazy bum :p

I'm not sure what it's like in NY but in Oregon you CAN'T pump your own gas. It's against the law. Some sort of right to work labor law because it provides a job.
I was laughing at that lazy bum comment :lol: . In my case, I live in NY where most gas stations have 2 different prices, 1 for "full service", and another for "self serv". I always choose the self serv since it's cheaper, and I'm really not too lazy to pump my own gas, BUT................I am in NJ ALOT, and the state law there is that the gas MUST be pumped by an attendant. Those are the cases where the guy always struggles with the gas door, so I just jump out and open it for him.

It's a real p.i.t.a. to get my finger nail under there, and it actually hurts a little too. Maybe the one with the lock would eliminate that problem, since you can unlock it, and just pull on the key while it's in the door and open it that way.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I never knew they had places where some one else HAD to pump your gas. Thats weird. I dunno if I can handle that. Hell, I avoid places with valet parking.

·
Registered
142 Posts
hashnrown1087 said:
i would be careful with that i dunno about other peoples experience with that door but mine is a pos!!!! I have the all chrome one and its pitting after 4 months of having it on the truck....Ive also been trying to contact the company about getting a new one or soemthing....have not heard back from them
yeah ive had mine for about 4 months and the black paint is chipping off in a lil spot already, thats why i dont think they're worth 100 bucks. i like the looks of it so ill just have to get some touch up paint. must be the weather differences im sure it would still look brand new if i lived in Cali. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the chrome one from GMPP (I think), it doesn't lock though like the one above....looks great on a black truck

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Here's mine, love it. Chrome with outer black goes very nicely IMO.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
here is mine but i notice that my top and bottom does not sit flush like the sides why is that.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
That's normal. If you look closely at my pics, mine doesn't sit flush either. The door isn't as round as the oem one, it's more flat and doesn't curve to sit flush with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts