Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Still working on learning the Banks interface. Currently I don't show any trans PIDs as optionswhich is odd. Going to do a firmware update tonight.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
OK, with Jason's help, apparently I hadn't set the LWN as the vehicle, so it was just in general mode.

From memory, the pages are laid out like this:

Page 1 - General
5 gauge square - BLUE
RPM
BAD | Boost
EGR1 | EGR 2

Page 2 - Temperature
6 gauge - RED
Amb Air Temp | Coolant Temp
Oil Pressure | Oil Temp
Trans Gear | Trans Temp

Page 3 - Fuel
5 gauge square - GREEN
Fuel Level
Inj 1 Balance | Inj 2 Balance
Inj 3 Balance | Inj 4 Balance

Page 4 - Emissions
4 gauge - GREY
DPF %
Regen Status | Mileage Btw Rgn
DEF | EGR ACT

Page 5 - Unused

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Few edits since this morning. Changed P4 to Grey from Dark Red. Added alerts for 99% DPF, EOT over temp, Trans Temp over temp, and low voltage < 12.4, all of which will pop up when the target is hit no matter what page you're on. When you select LWN some settings and alerts are already input, but 230 is high for oil, so I lowered the threshold.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
So, checked the oil after the dealership dropoff. Found that substance again. Oil looks fine, smells like diesel exhaust, but not diesel fuel.

Leaning toward it just being condensed water vapor, since the oil looks fine, pressure is good, no coolant loss, and the fact that it's midway up the dipstick and nowhere else.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Been working on getting the iDash set up with alerts, since I have all but the fifth screen customized.

This is what it looks like when an alert condition arises that isn't on your current display, flashes twice, then solid.

I have DEF, DPF, Fuel, Overtemp TRNS, EOT, and ECT alerts set.

And when I can finally get in the garage, the Block8head single pod dash vent came. Definitely not what I was expecting. It's heavy duty af. Put it in a sock and you could literally KO someone. I was expecting the thin 1.5mm/2mm cheap thermoplastic like the double and triple a-pillar pods we're all used to. This feels like some kind of resin.

It's about 4mm around the pod, and 8mm all around, except in the back of the gauge area, which seems to be where the resin pooled.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ordered my block8head vent pod and waiting for it to come then gonna order my iDash. Did you do the supergauge or the datamonster?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Great additions!
Your truck looks awesome 😎
Thank you.

ordered my block8head vent pod and waiting for it to come then gonna order my iDash. Did you do the supergauge or the datamonster?
He's at like a 5 week wait from what I can tell.

According to the PN it's a SuperGauge, but the menu has options for logging, so I'm not entirely sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you.

He's at like a 5 week wait from what I can tell.

According to the PN it's a SuperGauge, but the menu has options for logging, so I'm not entirely sure.

yeah, totally worth the wait. I'll probably just pay a little extra and get the logging, not sure i'll use it though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
does the cable run down inside the vent or just out behind it and down the crease in the dash?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Currently it's down the trim seam, but the hole in the dash pod is down to the vent, so I'll have to figure out how to reroute it when I install it soon.

·
Registered
415 Posts
That pod looks awesome..is the vent still functional for the driver side window defrost? Looks to be.. is there a particular pod part number...website is all over the place?...thanks!!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Fixed the fifth custom page to dovetail with the dash gauges, to cover all my desired relevant info with a single look. Ambient, Oil Temp, Batt Voltage, Oil Pressure, Trans Gear, Trans Temp, DPF soot %, EGT1, plus the OEM speedo, Coolant, Fuel and RPM.

Made it grey and red, apropos.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

141 - 153 of 153 Posts