Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Build progressing slower than continental drift...

First mod: Bullet Bedliner from AK Bedliner.

Plasti dipping Kobalt toolbox:

Turned out pretty decent:

Mounted:

Other side:

Open, with the Sylvania Dot-it LED AAA touch operated lights:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not pictured

JSTAR LED reverse lights
PC Professional matte screen protector
Husky Liners front and rear

Swapped the Terra 45 Superwinch for the Tigershark 9.5K on the Curt 31010 winch plate. Removed the old winch hook from the MileMarker 9000 steel cable, because everything on the Tigershark is stupidly large for no reason. Soldered the tips of the 2/0 AWG cable to crimp the Anderson tips for the 350 amp QD.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tinted the single row 7" lightbars

Mounted and tested to see color difference between tinted and white/amber, it's close enough.

Started laying out the wiring and looking for a space underhood. Thanks to @team helotes for the wiring drawing. Modified your diagram for use with relays and the Mini 4200 Feniex.

Also looking for a spot for the 88-98 Silverado underhood retractable magnetic light I scored a long time ago to put on my Comanche, but never did.

Moved the lightbar outside for a better shot. Still need better and lower bracket mounts, but for $40 all in for the single row bars, brackets and mounts, can't complain too much.

Still have to get the Rough Country lightbar brackets modified before mounting it, unfortunately.

Eventually, there will be amber LEDs all around, that the Feniex controller should be able to flash pattern, eliminating the need for a hazard light bar when stopped to winch out folks or during a search and rescue op.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Tinted the single row 7" lightbars

Mounted and tested to see color difference between tinted and white/amber, it's close enough.

Started laying out the wiring and looking for a space underhood. Thanks to @team helotes for the wiring drawing. Modified your diagram for use with relays and the Mini 4200 Feniex.

Also looking for a spot for the 88-98 Silverado underhood retractable magnetic light I scored a long time ago to put on my Comanche, but never did.

Moved the lightbar outside for a better shot. Still need better and lower bracket mounts, but for $40 all in for the single row bars, brackets and mounts, can't complain too much.

Still have to get the Rough Country lightbar brackets modified before mounting it, unfortunately.

Eventually, there will be amber LEDs all around, that the Feniex controller should be able to flash pattern, eliminating the need for a hazard light bar when stopped to winch out folks or during a search and rescue op.
Looks good man.
One thing would concern me however. You sure the RC brackets are gonna support all that weight?
IIRC, they're made simply to hold up their 20" single-row light bar.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The modification to the RC brackets involves gusseting the arms to support it and beefing up the back. Interestingly, the RC mount is the same gauge as the Steelcraft mounts that come with the bar. They're way overbuilt for just holding a lightbar, which I find amusing.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
They never should've gotten rid of the retractable lights, I always thought they were the coolest things.
I forgot about that light on my 1995 C1500. Should be standard on every truck.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Continental plates are shifting..

Had a local shop install the Eibachs, and the 265/70R17 Cooper Discoverer AT3s I've had sitting around for quite some time. I bought five, but apparently the spare is a 16" steelie, annoyingly.

Anyway, hard to see in the pictures, but the whole attitude of the truck is changed with the Eibachs and tires. Looks and feels more like a truck.

Before

After

Might worry a lot less about the front hitch I have planned now with more than 6 inches under the air dam.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked up a matching spare for the 5th Discoverer AT3 I had purchased a while back.

Waiting on the cover I bought before swapping it with the existing spare.

Still waiting to get to the EVO lightbar mounted.. along with the 33x12.50 Grabber AT2s I bought for my TJ.

Added the Red Hound Auto door sill guards

Front

Rear

They sit behind the seals.

Definitely the trim tools helps with install.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tomorrows install:

Draw-Tite front hitch

Primed and bedlined it before the install. Had too much bad luck with powdercoating, so I wanted to delay that.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Draw Tite is on, wasn't hard to install, but making the first cut sure was.

It's right at the upper limit for the Meyer Home Plow I have coming:

It's at the right height for other things, though:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fullsize spare with OEM Z71 wheels, BCP spare tire cover, fits much the same as the OEM Maxxis 265/70R16.

3/4" Smittybilt D-ring shackle in the Draw-Tite.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Added the most bona-fide Alaskan item to Alaskan Grey:

Little closer view of the plow mechanics. Need to order the cover from Meyer, along with the plow shoes for my gravel drive.

The hitch mount plugs right in to the Draw-Tite.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I guess the blade qualifies as a beard....alaska af;)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Done with dip. Wire wheeled the toolbox, then hit it with metal etching primer. Then Rustoleum bedliner on the whole thing.

Pulled the grille to wire the winch and the plow:

Spun up the synthetic line:

Installed the neoprene cover:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OEM GM splashguards installed all the way around. Love the factory look, but wish they were a tad longer.

Used a day of sunlight for a few nice shots.

But the fog light chrome had to go. Apparently I did the impossible, popping the bezel off. They are attached to another bezel that pops off easily with the grille removed. The chrome can then be removed without breaking tabs.

Sanded, metal etching primer and bedlined. Excellent match to the factory texture.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts