Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 2.94cyl reg cab, is the 300$ K&N intake kit worth it? they are the only one ive seen that makes a kit for the 07+ years, also i see airaid makes a kit but it doesnt have an intake tube and you reuse your stock one. Is it worth the $ or just throw an k&n filter in this bad boy?

·
Registered
148 Posts
The filters not going to give you anywhere near the amount of gain that the intake would. I would go with the K&N kit it will defiantly wake up the motor.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i also heard from a friend someone sells some sort of maf adpter plate to let me use the 06 and before intakes, any truth to this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I dont know about the MAF adapter, but I just bought and installed my K&N FIPK kit and it is worth every penny. You feel the difference right after the install.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have run the K&N filter replacement on my 05' 3.5 for over two years now and I don't think it makes any difference over factory other than it is re-usable. I just purchased the K&N 77 Series kit and will install it within a few days. Pics to follow but I believe that it will make a noticeable difference from the filter replacement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, the 77 Kit is in and purrs like a kitten.... at idle. I has a very clean look and under normal around town maneuvers, it barely resonates over the stock system. When pushing the pedal from 2500 all the way to 6000 rpm it progressively increases in sound and responsiveness. This has been one of the best bolt on performance pieces I have used on a relatively on high performance vehicle. The kit installed in about 45 minutes and had no complications aside from some minor hose trimming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts