Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Installed a front skid plate, and at the same time, removed the front air dam. No big deal, came of in less than 45 minutes. But now mileage is down an average 2.8 mpg combined, but the kicker is highway mileage is down over 4.0 mpg. Because I drive sometimes long distances between job sites, now I'm thinking to put the front air dam back on ??
What skid plate did you install and how much was it? thanks

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
First of all, thanks for the great write up. Just removed the air dam from my 16 LT 2WD with fender flares. All went very well, the only thing I can add is that the 3 screws that hold the fender liner to the vertical lip on the fender do NOT need to be removed. The waffle plate lifts right out from underneath, then the screws that come from the top in that area are easily removed lying on your back.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
888 Posts
First of all, thanks for the great write up. Just removed the air dam from my 16 LT 2WD with fender flares. All went very well, the only thing I can add is that the 3 screws that hold the fender liner to the vertical lip on the fender do NOT need to be removed. The waffle plate lifts right out from underneath, then the screws that come from the top in that area are easily removed lying on your back.
Time to update your avatar!!

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
You're correct, but, what it does allow is a good view in there to see everything.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
888 Posts
I have a rat fink head on my bike!! your suggestion is hard to beat

81 - 86 of 86 Posts