Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I removed the Air dam, i kinda liked getting 27-28mpg hwy at 75mph with a 2" lift and 275's.

Since I took it off I have been getting 23-24, so can I get one from ya'll?:grin2:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never seen somebody request an air dam lol!

Anyways good luck!
I put 25,000 miles on my minimax last year, i wont save alot, it's about a 300 dollar difference in fuel between 23 to 28 mpg @ 25k miles ( a drop in the bucket compared to all the things I've spent on it) but I just Like getting good performance out of it

Reactions: maxbee25

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I put 25,000 miles on my minimax last year, i wont save alot, it's about a 300 dollar difference in fuel between 23 to 28 mpg @ 25k miles ( a drop in the bucket compared to all the things I've spent on it) but I just Like getting good performance out of it
I still have mine but intend on keeping it because I feel I will be in your shoes one day lol...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, Im in Concord, come and get it and you can have it
I am due for a trip to the bay...

I'll message you when I'm close to going by there

Reactions: lqdchkn

·
Registered
444 Posts
A. This should have been posted in the Wanted section.

B. I kept my Air Dam, and I am glad I did. My truck will be featured in a magazine in the next few weeks, but per GM's request, I need the truck looking as close to stock as possible. They are requesting I re-install the dam just for the photo shoot. After that though, I am probably going to get rid of it for good (I'll soon be far enough from stock this won't be an option.) and if you were closer, it'd be yours.

At least you will be able to get one for free from another owner local to you, since these things have no value.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Reactions: rynoman03

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
A. This should have been posted in the Wanted section.

B. I kept my Air Dam, and I am glad I did. My truck will be featured in a magazine in the next few weeks, but per GM's request, I need the truck looking as close to stock as possible. They are requesting I re-install the dam just for the photo shoot. After that though, I am probably going to get rid of it for good (I'll soon be far enough from stock this won't be an option.) and if you were closer, it'd be yours.

At least you will be able to get one for free from another owner local to you, since these things have no value.
Good eye, moved

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what are the dimentions of it? (i forgot mine) so i can calculate shipping

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Yea.....Im gonna be one of 'those guys' but, Im calling bullshit on the MPG improvements.

I get the same exact MPG when I had mine on vs taking it off and adding an extra 100 pound bumper to the front.

This has been discussed for quite some time and, no one ever mentioned numbers even half of what you are stating. http://coloradofans.com/forums/169-2nd-gen-appearance-body/195442-air-dam-mpg-difference.html

Here is a guy that was averaging 19 mpg for almost 17K then removed the airdam and is doing a 1 year test -
While he still has 2 months to go, as of 4 months ago ( a total of 6 months) he states
so far there has been little to no changes in MPG's
Also answered another question on his youtube
actually 1 mpg BETTER over the past 2,000 miles. Winter is coming though and I expect to see a big drop. Only time will tell. At least I'm not scraping parking blocks in the meantime.

Reactions: SDVike

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea.....Im gonna be one of 'those guys' but, Im calling bullshit on the MPG improvements.

I get the same exact MPG when I had mine on vs taking it off and adding an extra 100 pound bumper to the front.

This has been discussed for quite some time and, no one ever mentioned numbers even half of what you are stating. http://coloradofans.com/forums/169-2nd-gen-appearance-body/195442-air-dam-mpg-difference.html

Here is a guy that was averaging 19 mpg for almost 17K then removed the airdam and is doing a 1 year test - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jag8THJqwx8 While he still has 2 months to go, as of 4 months ago ( a total of 6 months) he states

Also answered another question on his youtube

Go on and call it, that's what My truck is showing now in my environment with my traffic and driving habits.

I'm not here to argue, take yours off, make it longer, trim it, replace it with mesh, yeah it looks better with it off, specially from the side, but yes, I was getting 27-28 on my diesel at 74 mph with my current configuration, that is not up for debate.

I took it off and my average is between 23-24 mpg now, that is also not up for debate at it is what it is.

blame it on winter blend, or anything you want, but I know what I changed to the truck, that was within my control and I intend to reverse it. :serious:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I might have to take one of these, but didn't I read if you removed the clips that it's hard to reinstall?
I cut my dam off, and unscrewed the clips after, it was a pain in the butt to do it the other way i found, but my clips are intact, I still have the clips

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I just realized that you have a Canyon and I have a Colorado. Wasnt sure if the difference in the front bumper would mean they had different air dams but they are the same and they are actually pretty reasonably priced. GMparts only wants $68 for one.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just realized that you have a Canyon and I have a Colorado. Wasnt sure if the difference in the front bumper would mean they had different air dams but they are the same and they are actually pretty reasonably priced. GMparts only wants $68 for one.

well this might be /thread then, do you have the part number?

I thought it was up the in hundreds, I might not have to bug u/ fondupot and make him drive to the parcel for me

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.