Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will they work? I remember the factory Bose system in the 93-96 Camaros would NOT work with anything aftermarket. It was gay.

I was going to temporarily run with the stock speakers and my aftermarket CD player that I recently pulled out of another car that I sold. :)

Just for info it's a Panasonic 50W x 4.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
They'll work fine.

That being said...if you turn the new unit up relatively loud, you're probably likely to blow the stock speakers, I don't think they can handle a whole lot of power.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes they will work fine unless you have a Bose system. Mine also said they were 15w but you'll be ok since your 50x4 HU is only about 22wx4 RMS

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
switzxx20 said:
LOL I am looking at the back of my stock Blaupunkt, I think it handles about 15W
Yeah, it didn't take me long after I put in my aftermarket headunit to blow the stockers.....but then again, I use my truck as a jukebox a lot while I'm outside working on things....open the doors and crank up the radio.

Bet that had something to do with it ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Yes, I'm going to go easy on them. I'm going to be sending them very little bass, I'm going to go with an 8" L7 for bass duties. I actually had run stock speakers with a 45x4 JVC head unit a few years back in a Toyota Tercel. I took care not to blow them. I have a good ear for what a speaker is doing. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts