Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there one of led but don't want to go led. Sofar I bought aftermarket halogen high beams from auto zone and there not much better then stockers.

I want to get better low beam cause they don't project to the sides very well.

Anybody got any recommendations?

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If you really want better light then look into what @RatRacer suggested or LED, retrofit projectors or swap entire assembly.
Pretty much all of the 'better' halogens are going to be either minimally increased brightness, throw or side to side. Most will actually be less bright than regular halogen but appear brighter due to the color of light.
The best stock halogen bulb is actually the mid-grade without the blue tint to the bulbs. Something like the regular Sylvania XtraVision, not Ultra or the Philips Xtreme.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya bought the highs cause on my outback made a huge difference but this truck it was meh at best. Lows I don't want to blind people but would love bright side area. It's really hard to see turning right or left with only the lows to see.

I'll check that out thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
i've usually had good results with PIAA bulbs as OE replacements for both low and high beams. Whiter and brighter, and not blue. They're good quality bulbs so, price is a bit on the high side, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.