Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Z71 CCSB
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a relentless fab rear bumper with tire carrier on Black Friday. Just wondering if anyone has ran the bumper on a z71 with rear parking sensors. I’m not sure what I will have to do with the wiring, sensors, etc.

any feedback would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I dont have sensors (didnt have them for my year z71) so i dont know.. Why not drill into the new bumper and add them back in?

Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
2020 Z71 CCSB
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have sensors (didnt have them for my year z71) so i dont know.. Why not drill into the new bumper and add them back in?
i don’t really care about the sensors as long as I can see in the camera. I’m not really wanting to drill holes into a new powder coated bumper

·
Registered
143 Posts
i don’t really care about the sensors as long as I can see in the camera. I’m not really wanting to drill holes into a new powder coated bumper
Just an FYI if you do end up having to drill, I have had crazy good luck with rustoleum black being a perfect, and I mean perfect match on multiple powder coats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I completely understand your hesitation to put holes in your bumper. In situations where I have done so, I coat the inside of the hole with a good high temp grease and have never had an issue. I tried silicone and found that as it got harder, it didn't always maintain its seal, especially in changing temps. Grease also allows for easier removal, should it ever be necessary.

·
Registered
2020 Z71 CCSB
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I’ve read the parking sensors should connect to one single harness. I think I’m just going to unplug and turn the beeping off in the menu settings

·
Registered
2020 Z71 CCSB
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone done this?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Picked up a relentless fab rear bumper with tire carrier on Black Friday. Just wondering if anyone has ran the bumper on a z71 with rear parking sensors. I’m not sure what I will have to do with the wiring, sensors, etc.

any feedback would be appreciated
My buddy is looking to get a bumper as well for his incoming Z71 project. We'll work on it after we finished installing the suspension from 4Wheelonline onto the Wrangler and clear the garage. Hope you'll update here about the sensor wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts