Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put on the easy 3 bolt ons (aem air intake,cherry bomb exhaust and pcm) and I am now looking for another mod to get the extra hp. I am thinking about either a cooling fan or another chip to go along with the pcm. Does anybody know which ones would get the most gains?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Get a turbo, it will make the most HP.

Gut your cat- easy 10 ponies there and Dyno proven

Denso Iridium ITV16 good for gas milage and throttle response

4.2 Throttle body more air and better throttle response.

·
Registered
620 Posts
you are thinking of a throttle body spacer he is talking about a throttle body. i duno if you have a i4 or a i5 but you wont see any gains with the 4.2 on the i5

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya your right my fault i got them confused i have the i5. Does any body have a tune with a pcm?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am planning on doing that at the end of the month once my tags expire. Does putting in a Jet Servo help the 1/4 time any? I know that it doesn’t help hp but I was thinking it might make things run a little smoother

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've heard the Corvette and JET servos help out, you may get a little sideways in the rain according to some (under heavy throttle)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Creeve, do you have an I-5 with an 4.2 TB?

I do... And their is a gain, search the topic of the 4.2 TB. YOu will find a lot of info about it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I need to look into this tb issue. Sounds interresting.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just passed inspection and I was wondering if anybody took out both their cats and how much gain that was? I understand it will be loud but it seems like if the first one gives you 10hp the second one would have to at least give you an extra 5?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
dalcowboys i think if you gut the second cat you will start throwing codes...but i think someone said to put an o2 sensor spacer in and you wont...i dunno someone else will probably chime in and give you more info...i myself just put in a highflow cat because my orginal 2nd cat blew apart...possibly because of the 1 cat mod...im not sure though

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anybody know a shop in Houston area that installs the JET Servos? Nobody seems to know what im talking about when I call I would be drive a little if the shops good.

·
Registered
816 Posts
dalcowboys said:
Does anybody know a shop in Houston area that installs the JET Servos? Nobody seems to know what im talking about when I call I would be drive a little if the shops good.
Any transmission specific shop can (should) be able to do it. Look under transmission service in the Yellow Pages.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Alot of people install this in their driveways. A transmission shop should have no problem. What were you asking them specifically?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts