Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 22 coming in any day now. My question is the afm disabled do to a parts issue? I was told they weren’t shutting down cylinders at this time. Any true to this

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
Whatever the sales person told you is true...

oh welcome to the forum
You will not get heated seats for a while

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever the sales person told you is true...

oh welcome to the forum
You will not get heated seats for a while
I don’t believe most sales people I’ve worked with so I have to ask?I haven’t been in a Colorado or none to test drive to see if it does or not is why I ask. The heated seats I was told late 3rd quarter as the soonest.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado WT, CCSB, V6 4x4
194 Posts
… I honestly doubt the salesperson has a clue. Never dealt with one that inspired confidence in me.

Ideally, a reputable company ‘should’ disclose all this to you up front, or at least at the time of delivery…..

Either way, good luck and congratulations on your new truck!

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,012 Posts
I don't recall the mid size being listed as not having AFM. That being said, unlike the full size I find it unobtrusive and don't even notice it kicking on unless I catch the light. (Unlike the V8s that clatter and only get worse when it engages...) I wouldn't worry either way as there just doesn't seem to be many issues with it on this platform compared to the V8s.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a 2021 ZR2 and I think my truck has been in V4 mode for less than 30 seconds since I got it. I drive very conservatively and it's almost impossible to make it go into V4 mode. I'm certainly not complaining, I'm not a fan of cylinder deactivation at all.

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
455 Posts
If it were disabled for whatever reason, you would see that on your window sticker with some small credit amount for it being disabled. At least that way it was on my '21 Silverado. But like Mad German stated above, even with it enabled, on the 3.6 it rarely activates.

I have 800 miles on my '22 and I sometimes leave select the mileage/trip display that has the mode (V6/V4) and I've only once seen it display V4. And that was while coasting downhill.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don’t believe most sales people I’ve worked with so I have to ask?I haven’t been in a Colorado or none to test drive to see if it does or not is why I ask. The heated seats I was told late 3rd quarter as the soonest.
I have a '22 Canyon that came without the chips/modules for the heated seats. Everything else (dash buttons, seat heating elements, etc) is in place. Again, look at your window sticker. It will tell you if they are not there and will be retrofitted at a later date. You'll see a $50 credit. And yes, according to GM they are suppose to start shipping/installing the module in late 2qtr 2022. So hopefully any day now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm starting to realize just how lucky I am that my 2022 came with everything installed and functioning.

I have only seen press releases specifying that some of the V8 engines are shipping without AFM enabled, but if that somehow applies to other engines including the one coming in your truck, it should be noted by the dealer prior to you completing the sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts