Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I’m waiting for my Crush Z71 to come in and have been looking around for a set of take off wheels with Duratracs to put on it. I’m not a huge fan of the stock wheels and Goodyear Adventures that are stock. I had been focused on regular ZR2 wheels as I like the combo with Crush (and don’t like black wheels), but came across basically stock Bison wheels under a grand instead. I just can’t picture if they would look good or not with the Crush exterior.

Anyone have this setup or seen them together?

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
389 Posts
At least If you don’t like them on there you will be able to sell them easily for what you paid?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Where you located? I want black wheels and if you'll have take offs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have a Crush orange Z71, But I do have Bison wheels on my silver CCLB z71. not sure if this helps as a visual
1-03-2021 colorado.jpg

Reactions: brobocop

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is 'Pull me Over' Red, but sorta Orangish in the low winter sun...

IMG_8359 by M J, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If only we had some sort of program that could take a picture of the wheels and put them over a pic of the truck, so you could get a decent idea of how the truck would look..... Like a free form photo editor, or something..... Too bad we don't have that technology since the 90's. Good luck on your vision quest. Orange Crush is a very rare color and second hand bison wheels are very rare too. Doubt anyone has that combo in real life.

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
389 Posts
It’s gonna be sweet dude. I want those wheels

·
Registered
21 Posts
@06dak they are hard to find sometimes. if you get bored searching, AEV just released a new wheel called the salta XR. it is similar to the wheel that they put on the bison. Only difference is the Stock Bison wheel is a +33 mm Offset, and the Salta's are a +19 mm offset.

Or there is the Crestone Dual sport wheel. they put these on their up fit bison's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If I had a Bison, the first thing I would do is get rid of the Crestone's. Just don't like them at all! They remind me of the stock 2017 ZR2 wheels with slight mods. I rarely like factory wheels though. I do like those on the newer Midnight Editions. Mine has those and this will be the first vehicle in a long time that I likely won't replace the wheels on. Those same wheels are available without the blackout looks and also look great IMHO. Mine is top pic below, the other was a local Colorado for sale that had those wheels in silver.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If I had a Bison, the first thing I would do is get rid of the Crestone's. Just don't like them at all! They remind me of the stock 2017 ZR2 wheels with slight mods. I rarely like factory wheels though. I do like those on the newer Midnight Editions. Mine has those and this will be the first vehicle in a long time that I likely won't replace the wheels on. Those same wheels are available without the blackout looks and also look great IMHO. Mine is top pic below, the other was a local Colorado for sale that had those wheels in silver.
Bison's dont come with Crestones. They come with Bison specific wheels that you can only buy from a dealer at ~$600/piece or second hand from a Bison owner.

·
Registered
28 Posts
edit I guess this is the same link as posted above...
Hmm. OK. I've never seen any media where they showed anything other than the Crestone's. That used to be the only wheel on offer on the parts page for the BISON. I like those much better. Those look like the Salta XR which are on their page for $260 but maybe the spoke length is different. I can't tell if the one in the pic above has the branding like some of the ones on their page.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's too bad the offset gain is only 14mm (9/16") on those Salta XRs over the OEM Bison wheels.
They might just allow for a true 35x12.50 tire to be fitted without a wheel spacer, but it will be close.

It would have been better to go with 12 or 6mm for the clearance to the upper bit of the spindle.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
edit I guess this is the same link as posted above...
Hmm. OK. I've never seen any media where they showed anything other than the Crestone's. That used to be the only wheel on offer on the parts page for the BISON. I like those much better. Those look like the Salta XR which are on their page for $260 but maybe the spoke length is different. I can't tell if the one in the pic above has the branding like some of the ones on their page.
Its kinda hard to read between the lines, because AEV only ever publicizes the Bison with the Crestones. But every stock dealership Bison has those straight spoke wheels. The center caps are the same, except they are machined silver on the factory wheels vs the wheel color on the crestones.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for the help and pictures...
I bet those Saltas look great with the reduced offset but I just can’t justify the cost.
Hope to pick up the wheels this week - I’ll post a pic when I actually get the truck!

and yes - I’m aware photoshop exists

1 - 17 of 17 Posts