Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put an Aeroturbine muffler on my friend's 4.0L V6 Mustang yesterday...WOW! This think sounds twice as good as the American Thunder Flowy that he used to have. What would this sound like on the I-5? I have a Magnaflow that is over a year old and it is nowhere near as loud or deep. I like cab drone and the louder the better. But this muffler doesn't get high pitched until right before redline, and it's not ricey at all, like I said, the only time it's high pitched id right at redline, but I guess that's expected.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fLlbWScTjSM
This is the exhaust, not his, but same muffler/system.
What would this sound like for us?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Might as well just put a resonator on the truck, thats all the aeroturbine is, a very expensive resonator, but people buy em.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so nothing special here? It actually sounds better than when it was just strait pipes. Would it just sound like a truck with glasspacks then?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Pretty much the same, a glasspack is a resonator too, just pack with fiberglass surrounding the resonator part. I never really was sold on the aeroturbine actually sucking the exhaust out ot the engine, to me it seems kinda like a gimick much like the turbonator and that type of thing.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I know is that that mustang is scary. It sounds absolutely amazing in person.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts