Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I have been looking to replace my air filter in my 2016 Z71. I have seen the various air filter threads and many people say they like the AEM drop in filter, but I cannot find a part number for it. The AEM site does not list a 2016 Colorado as an option to find the part, and because you cannot search the forum for 3 letter words I cannot just search 'AEM filter' and get an answer. Could someone help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Hey guys.. I have been looking to replace my air filter in my 2016 Z71. I have seen the various air filter threads and many people say they like the AEM drop in filter, but I cannot find a part number for it. The AEM site does not list a 2016 Colorado as an option to find the part, and because you cannot search the forum for 3 letter words I cannot just search 'AEM filter' and get an answer. Could someone help?

Thanks!
use quotes to search, like this: "AEM"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
use quotes to search, like this: "AEM"
Thanks.. that solved my search issue, but now I still cannot find an actual part number. I got back 11 threads in the search.. one even called 'AEM Dry Filter Part Number' (thought I hit pay dirt there) but still no part number.

·
Registered
487 Posts
31-10263 is the number I found for the AFE dry drop in power filter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AEM?? OR AFE?

I have an AFE dryflow drop-in air filter. If that matters....LOL
All the threads I have read said AEM.. but for all I know that was all Gen 1 owners replying just assuming they make one for the Gen 2 also. At this point I have decided there just is not an AEM filter for the Gen 2, or all those posts I read meant to say AFE. Either way, now I am just trying to decide if I want to just buy a regular paper filter or pony up for a KN or other oil based filter. Was just going to buy a paper filter at Walmart last night to be done with this.. but they dont appear to carry a filter for my truck either. Never had so many problems just trying to swap a filter.. lol.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
All the threads I have read said AEM.. but for all I know that was all Gen 1 owners replying just assuming they make one for the Gen 2 also. At this point I have decided there just is not an AEM filter for the Gen 2, or all those posts I read meant to say AFE. Either way, now I am just trying to decide if I want to just buy a regular paper filter or pony up for a KN or other oil based filter. Was just going to buy a paper filter at Walmart last night to be done with this.. but they dont appear to carry a filter for my truck either. Never had so many problems just trying to swap a filter.. lol.
If it’s an oiled filter that you gotta have.... From what I’ve seen, you have between K&N and AFE (oiled). Looks like the K&N is cheaper.

https://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=33-5030&pcid=ADDCABINAF

https://afepower.com/afe-power-30-10263-magnum-flow-pro-5r-air-filter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it’s an oiled filter that you gotta have.... From what I’ve seen, you have between K&N and AFE (oiled). Looks like the K&N is cheaper.

https://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=33-5030&pcid=ADDCABINAF

https://afepower.com/afe-power-30-10263-magnum-flow-pro-5r-air-filter
I actually preferred a dry filter which is why I was looking into the AEM, but again I was never able to find a part number for a AEM that fits a gen 2. Still have not bought a filter.. but will probably just end up going with the KN. Oh well.. thanks all!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I actually preferred a dry filter which is why I was looking into the AEM, but again I was never able to find a part number for a AEM that fits a gen 2. Still have not bought a filter.. but will probably just end up going with the KN. Oh well.. thanks all!
I wasn’t sure if you were looking dry or oiled.... AFE make a dry drop in. I have one. Looks like Onebaddz posted a link above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.