Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to forums. Im thinking of purchasing a USED colorado and wonder if theres anything I should look for? Im looking at a 2004 Colorado LS EXT 2WD- 120 726km, $11495. I was thinking on going 08 Ranger, but changed my mind due to the fact that the one I wanted was 23 000+. So I seen that colorado's are more in my budget. Any info advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
hey rvtech and welcome, i had an 05' colorado before then bought a titan now im back in an 07' colorado 4x4, the inline 5 cylinders are great motors, as are the 4 cylinders, buying an 04' model i cant help you with, they say to stay away from the first model year anything, but i know a lot of folks here have 04's and they love em', what are you looking at as far as the colorado goes... 4cyl? 5cyl? i think you'll like the little truck if you got it, but buy what you wil be more comfortable with.... im a little attached to the colorados myself

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jbird6251, this forum is full of great info, I love it!. Im leaning towards the I5 for an engine. Im looking at that colorado I had mentioned today, also am looking at an 05 with 135 000 for the same price. But the 05 has like no options just auto and A/C. I'll have to see mabye ill take the 05 over the 04 in hopes any issues they had with the first year would have been worked out!. Well off to check some out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have on '04 crew cab 4x2 I-5 and love it. I bought it new and have not had any major issues with mine (53000 miles). Recently got the check engine light for the low idle and got great directions on this site to clean the throttle body which cleared up the CEL. I have a small lawn business on the side and hall a 36" walk behind mower in the bed all summer long. It is a nice little work horse. My only regret is that I went two wheel instead of 4x4.

good luck with your search...you'll love the Colorado!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked out those colorado's today, not to bad I guess, I was really excited about a 2004 colorado crew cab 4x4 I seen today, only had 104 000km was asking $15995. the excitement soon left when I seen how trashed it was, was so many dings all over and the interior stunk of smoke. Dissapointing day it was, ill probley check out one of these four more closley. http://www.haldimandmotors.com/list.asp ... an_group=3

·
Registered
41 Posts
Go over to the states and pick one up. I bought my 2007 Canyon Z71 4x4 Crew Cab for $19,000 Canadian + PST & GST in Indiana with only 6800 miles on it. It's not hard to do, you just have to follow the steps outlined at http://www.riv.ca

1 - 8 of 8 Posts