Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in my 2016 Colorado on a 2020. I use my bed a lot and on my new truck I want to go back to an under the rail bed liner. There don't seem to be a lot of choices. Some reviews of the GM liner weren't very favorable. What other kind of bed liners are you guys using and what are your opinions?

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Long Bed
536 Posts
I just have a mat, but I don't use the bed much. I have my old truck for that sort of thing. It has a bed mat too though, and it's bed has held up well over the years.
I am looking to just get a mat as well, which one do you have, and where did you get it, I'd you don't mind me asking...

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I am looking to just get a mat as well, which one do you have, and where did you get it, I'd you don't mind me asking...
I don't remember the brand. I bought it at Canopy West. Not sure the brand really matters much though. The one I bought back in 1989 was just from Fred Meyer and it's held up well.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
If your gonna use the bed a lot, id just go ahead and get it line-x or whatever is offered in ur area. Will last forever and you don't have to worry about it again.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you have a short bed, I have one available. Comes with bonus items. ProTecta, same thing as DeeZee, markings and all.

Stinks, but I have the long bed... Thanks for the offer. Looking to get a similar one from Amazon as well, cannot remember the brand name.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If your gonna use the bed a lot, id just go ahead and get it line-x or whatever is offered in ur area. Will last forever and you don't have to worry about it again.
I was going down this path, but I have seen some nasty fraying and discoloration on people's spray on liners. Seems most of the protection in a bed is needed on the floor so a mat has become an option in my mind....

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
I was going down this path, but I have seen some nasty fraying and discoloration on people's spray on liners. Seems most of the protection in a bed is needed on the floor so a mat has become an option in my mind....
I have never seen that on a quality job, were those DIY bed liners from a jar?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah, agreed, and you can even buy UV protection through Line X. I didn't bother with the UV protection since I have a bed cover.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you're planing on owning the truck for any real length of time don't bother with a drop-in liner. Get a spray on one as soon as you can afford it. It'll will save you in the long run. I had a LineX on my old 07 Colorado and within a few months of owning my 2019 I got one for it. I've been happy with both.

Also...

PSA: For anyone out there considering buying a used truck and it comes with a drop-in bed liner, DEMAND TO SEE WHAT'S UNDERNEATH. My old 07 had a drop-in in it when I bought it used in 2011. I don't know if it was installed by the dealer or the previous owner, but either way the liner was clearly being used to hide damage to the bed. I found cracked welds where the box was joined together, along with diamond plate shaped scratches on the bed rails toward the cab from where a tool box had been allowed to bounce and rattle around. Deep dents littered the floor of the bed and the tailgate. To top things off I'd say the bed liner itself had scratched off about 1/3 of paint from where it made contact with the bed and those spots were starting to rust. After all was said and done it cost me about $1000 to get the bed repaired and sealed with a professional spray on liner.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I just have a mat, but I don't use the bed much. I have my old truck for that sort of thing. It has a bed mat too though, and it's bed has held up well over the years.
Just a bed mat also, the one by Dee Zee, is very thick and nice. Bought it from Auto Anything. Perfect fit, fits like a glove. I also have a tonneau cover though. They sell the tail gate mat also for about $65, that attaches with sheet metal screws. Have not installed the tail gate mat, because it requires trimming.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Just a bed mat also, the one by Dee Zee, is very thick and nice. Bought it from Auto Anything. Perfect fit, fits like a glove. I also have a tonneau cover though. They sell the tail gate mat also for about $65, that attaches with sheet metal screws. Have not installed the tail gate mat, because it requires trimming.
I opted for the Weathertech tail gate "mat," even though that isn't the brand of my main bed mat. I like it. I too have a Tonneau cover.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I opted for the Weathertech tail gate "mat," even though that isn't the brand of my main bed mat. I like it. I too have a Tonneau cover.
I did the GM drop in liner tailgate cover. The bolt holes all line up already, and the hard plastic is a nice workbench, with can "coasters" .

·
Registered
385 Posts
I did the GM drop in liner tailgate cover. The bolt holes all line up already, and the hard plastic is a nice workbench, with can "coasters" .

View attachment 386146
That fits over your spray in? Nice! I have that and a bed mat from back before I had mine LineX'd. I miss my cup holders. Its still sitting in my garage, I need to revisit this. I still use my bed mat over the Line-X. I kinda like that combo.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts