Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
All good!! How's that Titan tank doing? (I think that was you)
Sincerely, it's very convenient to hardly ever think about fueling.
Thanks again for the great deal!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4x4
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
We're going to make some tweaks the 43mm we are currently running to allow more vane closure. Also, we have our 44.5mm turbo upgrade mounted and running. It's a complete larger frame than the 43mm (which uses the stock frame). The 44.5 will allow us head room to go up to a 50mm compressor in that same frame. Should be an exciting time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We're going to make some tweaks the 43mm we are currently running to allow more vane closure. Also, we have our 44.5mm turbo upgrade mounted and running. It's a complete larger frame than the 43mm (which uses the stock frame). The 44.5 will allow us head room to go up to a 50mm compressor in that same frame. Should be an exciting time.

trying to close the veins more to get quicker spool-up?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Question do you see increased engine temp with tunes? I tow alot and its in desert heat 110-124 degrees
We do not. Coolant/oil/trans/egt all stay within the safety margins. If it does get hot some how, the factory derate tables are still there to pull power back in case it gets upset.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hey folks sorry about the delay in updates. Flight school has been kicking my butt. Planning to get the 43mm Turbo on the dyno this weekend. Also working on a 2 position tune that will utilize GM OEM software to produce 2 unique power levels without drilling holes and adding a non factory looking rotary knob.

Reactions: Vinolush and 93Duc

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
A good confirmation dyno session today.
2016 Colorado LWN 2.8L Duramax
ADP Carbon Fiber Intake
43mm VGT Upgrade
ADP MAP Upgrade
ADP EFI Live Tuning
We baselined our truck with the stock turbo tuning in it to start and measured 221whp/412wtq. Our previous test truck saw 225whp/415wtq on the same tune so we're going to call that consistent.
With the max effort tune loaded we achieved 270whp/460wtq. This is the same tune you can achieve well into +30mpg mark and daily drive.
Stock LWN Dyno [email protected] / [email protected]
ADP LWN Dyno [email protected] / [email protected]
ADP LWN 43mm [email protected] / [email protected]
ADP Tuning Gains +78whp/120wtq over stock
ADP 43mm/Tune Gains +123whp/165wtq over stock
Max Boost Pressure Measured was 38psi
Max EGT Measured 1414F
Max EOT 203F
Max CAC1 301F
Max MAT 116F
Ambient Temp 91F

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
That's a LOT of boost. I only ever saw 36 PSI in my tuned LBZ. I wonder how tough the head gaskets are on these. Impressive numbers for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
That's a LOT of boost. I only ever saw 36 PSI in my tuned LBZ. I wonder how tough the head gaskets are on these. Impressive numbers for sure.
We've done over 50psi for the last 5000 miles. No issues. Without proper sensor upgrades you'd only ever see 29psi on the LWN. Your LBZ was probably limited to 36psi by sensor range.

Reactions: brobocop

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
A good confirmation dyno session today.
2016 Colorado LWN 2.8L Duramax
ADP Carbon Fiber Intake
43mm VGT Upgrade
ADP MAP Upgrade
ADP EFI Live Tuning
We baselined our truck with the stock turbo tuning in it to start and measured 221whp/412wtq. Our previous test truck saw 225whp/415wtq on the same tune so we're going to call that consistent.
With the max effort tune loaded we achieved 270whp/460wtq. This is the same tune you can achieve well into +30mpg mark and daily drive.
Stock LWN Dyno [email protected] / [email protected]
ADP LWN Dyno [email protected] / [email protected]
ADP LWN 43mm [email protected] / [email protected]
ADP Tuning Gains +78whp/120wtq over stock
ADP 43mm/Tune Gains +123whp/165wtq over stock
Max EGT Measured 1414F
Max EOT 203F
Max CAC1 301F
Max MAT 116F
Ambient Temp 91F
Impressive. Must be one heck of a good head gasket on these 2.8L.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
41 - 53 of 53 Posts