Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4x4
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Recently did some dyno time with our stock turbo tunes. We tested with our timing/boost changed like we do for retail tunes but left all the pulse width and fuel pressure stock. It was a pretty resounding success. We'll be setting all our fueling to our retail levels soon and dyno'ing again. Remember here no pulse width or fuel pressure changes. Effectively all 4 of our DSP tunes had the same amount of fuel for this test. We used a Dynocom Dynamometer for testing.

Stock Baseline- 147.3whp / 295lb-ft
DSP1 Tune- 177.9whp / 347.2lb-ft (gains of 30.6whp and 52.2lb-ft)
DSP2 Tune- 180.3whp / 349lb-ft (gains of 33.2whp and 54lb-ft)
DSP3 Tune- 182.5whp / 352.9lb-ft (gains of 35.4whp and 57.9lb-ft)
DSP4 Tune- 181.4whp / 358.2lb-ft (gains of 34.3whp and 63.2lb-ft)

This test showed pretty well that the stock tables leave much to be desired and that will some time spent on refinement you can add a healthy amount of power. With each tune level increase we saw peak torque increase while staying at 2500-2550rpm range. By 2100rpm in our DSP tunes (300rpm sooner, we were already making as much torque as peak stock levels). Torque curve allowed as much or more than peak stock torque from 2050rpm out to 3150rpm.

We will report back after our next dyno session when we add in the fuel we have in our production tunes.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just as a note this dyno did read about 20whp lower than what we have seen on other machines in the past. (We expect the added power to be equal to or better than reported on the dyno)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Any plans to dyno with the new turbo?
Yes definitely!

Today we dyno'd and hit a limiter in the software. So we're going to identify it and go back and hopefully get 4 clean runs of our DSP4 tune. That being said, we've made progress. With peak gains of 78whp/120wtq we're VERY happy with that on our angriest tune.

Stock was 147whp/295wtq
Dyno Day #2 225whp/415wtq

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
So the 78hp/120tq is with stock turbo in place? Just checking to see if I’m reading that right?
No, emissions intact tuning with their turbo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’m guessing with injection event changes and additional fueling, this was with a stock turbo. Dyno day 1: 181 wheel, dyno day 2: 225 wheel, with I’m guessing more fueling. If this was with a 43mm turbo emissions on I’d be surprised.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I realize this is emissions on, but the new dpfs don’t flow that bad like they did in 08. My truck made 468 tq with a stock turbo, so suns_psd don’t assume

·
Registered
152 Posts
So the 78hp/120tq is with stock turbo in place? Just checking to see if I’m reading that right?
I think this is stock turbo on level 4 from the way they worded it. I think they meant yes definitely in their intentions to test the bigger turbo?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No, emissions intact tuning with their turbo.

Incorrect. It is stock turbo, emissions on tuning.

Reactions: Suns_PSD

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think this is stock turbo on level 4 from the way they worded it. I think they meant yes definitely in their intentions to test the bigger turbo?
100% Correct. For the sake of consistency, I'm actually going to send the 43mm out to this customer who's been dynoing for us and have him dyno it. That way its the same location, same truck, same dyno. No way for things to be skewed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will you be doing just transmission tunes? The one I've been stuck with since all of this EPA stuff started will stutter when trying to accelerate after slowing to 20mph or less.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Will you be doing just transmission tunes? The one I've been stuck with since all of this EPA stuff started will stutter when trying to accelerate after slowing to 20mph or less.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
We can do just a trans tune. Just make sure you get unlinked from your previous tuner before purchasing from us. (I don't want you to buy our trans tune, then not be able to flash it)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Apologies.

Great gains.

All good!! How's that Titan tank doing? (I think that was you)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I realize this is emissions on, but the new dpfs don’t flow that bad like they did in 08. My truck made 468 tq with a stock turbo, so suns_psd don’t assume
If we back calculate assuming 18% drivetrain loss. (When we dyno'd stock it was 147whp/295wtq on this dyno) That would put us around 277hp/515tq. So seeing that we're simply out of turbo in stock form, I expect the 43mm to perform admirably. We do also have a 44.5 on a larger frame turbo and 50 on the same larger frame. At this point its the exhaust housing size that is making it impossible to push more air through it.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts