Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4x4
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I've been away from Cfans for a while. I was deployed to the middle east, returned to the US, got married, went on honeymoon, had a military career change, moved across the country AND was in a school for 5 weeks with no access to the outside world. We will be working on becoming a paid vendor in 2020 as we feel it will be beneficial for us and our customers. So enough about the boring stuff. We purchased a 2016 Colorado LT Crew Cab 4x4 with the intent of pursuing performance parts development as well as calibration development. We previously worked with another tuner to produce tuning for our LWN customers but have changed directions since then. This truck will be receiving a full compliment of parts/tuning that will also be submitted for CARB EO approval. gasp I know, nobody in the diesel world wants those stickers. In order to properly vette and build our tuning we have spoken with Banks Power Engineering multiple times and they have recommended a sensor package for us to utilize to attain maximum data for proper tuning. Here she is as of now. Yes we tow trailers with it, yes we daily drive it, yes its emissions intact tuning and yes its a blast.

o ADP Carbon Fiber Intake w/AFE Pro-Dry S Filter
o ADP Catch Can Kit
o ADP Optimized ECM/TCM Tune
o Belltech Sport Truck Drop Kit
o Canyon Denali 20" wheels w/Nitto 420 Tires

Future mods coming will be ADP Intercooler Piping, ADP Intercooler (if data supports it), ADP Filter Back Exhaust (if data supports it), ADP VGT Turbo Upgrade, PML Trans Pan (sorry PML I've taken forever to install it). Really looking forward to becoming a vendor here and supporting the community. See you in 2020 folks!

79853230_2477080532563851_8132345460569407488_n.jpg 75220806_398296370838069_8161690073000050688_n.jpg 72758199_1405200456302929_3508755867266711552_n.jpg 69976743_2151429218484560_8240595180642631680_n.jpg 69878265_2464547130328302_3027366088665989120_n.jpg 25mile.jpg 50mile.jpg 450mile.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 LWN CCLB Canyon
47 Posts
Love the look, constantly tempted to lower versus lift my truck (as if keeping it stock just isn’t a valid option). Maybe if I relocate south I’ll do it. Did you install Hellwig bars also?

Eager to see what your turbo upgrade results in... the factory turbo runs out of steam so fast!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in Colorado when I lowered it haha. I did not install the hellwig bars yet but those are down the road as far as upgrades. The turbo upgrade will likely be safe, cool and efficient up to the power levels we want to achieve. We'll be updating along the way with what works and what doesn't. We've purchased a complete stock exhaust system so we can truly push the limits of what can be done and find the limits. Make sure you grease your bushings when you lower yours. I didn't initially and they did some squeaking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Most recent updates for the build were an updated DSP4 ECM Calibration, Carbon Fiber Vent Pod from Block8Head to house the iDash Datamonster.

Up next is the 43mm SR71 Turbo Upgrade.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turbo is installed, videos/dyno time to follow. This is a 43mm compressor/42mm turbine with GT20 vanes shoved into a stock housing. Lots of machine work went into this and we're pretty pumped about the performance. This turbo will move enough air, that we'll be out of injectors if we really push it.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
41 PSI boost? WTF?

At what RPM is that peak boost available and do you have a dyno sheet?
41psi was achieved at 3200rpm (shifting at 4000rpm).

PSIA was 55.4

Working on getting it completely happy under the curve. Dyno will be happening soon. Local shop is installing their dual eddy unit this week so we're hoping to hope on there with them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This makes me happy :)
For reliability we'll likely taper this boost figure down to around 36psi peak for the production tunes. Based on the MAF flow at 41psi we were at 33.9lb/min which is outside the efficiency island based on the manufacturers specs. 36psi will bring our flow rate back down to 30-31lb/min which is right at the edge of what is considered "safe". No sense frying hardware.

Also I'm happy to announce that no boost couplers were lost during our big boost pulls hahah

·
Registered
583 Posts
I hope the EPA does not get swayed by auto industry to make it illegal to change factory parameters at all. I can see that happening at some point.

I see that Diesel Brothers just got fined $850,000+ for removing emissions on trucks and selling them in Utah/Colorado. Judge also ruled that they could be on hook for $1,200,000 in legal fees as well. They will probably be bankrupt soon. Showing their trucks rolling coal & removing emissions on TV was foolish.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I keep wanting to give yalls tunes a go.....If i ever get my truck back i might giving yall a call....Its time for this little truck to get up move a little better....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope the EPA does not get swayed by auto industry to make it illegal to change factory parameters at all. I can see that happening at some point.

I see that Diesel Brothers just got fined $850,000+ for removing emissions on trucks and selling them in Utah/Colorado. Judge also ruled that they could be on hook for $1,200,000 in legal fees as well. They will probably be bankrupt soon. Showing their trucks rolling coal & removing emissions on TV was foolish.

There's a reason we are emissions on and aiming for CARB certification this year. I appreciate your concern for the diesel brothers though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I keep wanting to give yalls tunes a go.....If i ever get my truck back i might giving yall a call....Its time for this little truck to get up move a little better....
Right on! Just making the push for progress every day. This turbo upgrade seems to like towing very much. The constant load keeps it spooled very nicely and smack dab in the middle of the efficiency island for this unit.

·
Registered
583 Posts
There's a reason we are emissions on and aiming for CARB certification this year. I appreciate your concern for the diesel brothers though.
I completely understand. The farmers have been going through bad times with equipment mfg's, called the "right to repair ". 12 different states (my state of NY is one of those). Farmers can't even access their own computers in the vehicles they bought and paid for ! Some vehicles of $750,000, they own them but can't even replace simple sensors. Have to have a special computer to access & reset & clear codes. I was just saying I sure hope it doesn't go that way for us.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Do you have a rough idea of power gains with the turbo? Does anyone make injectors? I wouldn't mind upgrading the injectors at the same time just for peace of mind over the few blown engines that have popped up. I'm just waiting to hit 60k and I'll be ready to tune, only 15k to go

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We're working on dyno time this week. We can get injectors done by Exergy or DDP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looking forward to the results, hopefully receiving my turbo in the near future. Tunes are loaded on the autocal and ready to go with the new map sensor. Going to look into 30% over injectors after the turbo install and see if I still feel “safe” on the stock rods.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts