Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a fuse to one of the unused spots in the junction block. I cannot find the stud I need to add the fuse. It looks like it would easily snap in and I could add the extra fuse, IF I could find one of the studs. They are not listed separately on the parts lists I can find online. Any ideas? I attatched a picture, the stud I need is to the left of the existing fuse and you can see there are spots for up to 3 more. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Tie directly into the POS+ terminal.

If you tie into a fused link youll need to make you you tie before the fuse not after to make you you dont overload it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had to roll my own. I used a speed nut, machine screw and nut of the appropriate size. Here's a pic of the final product. I really like the way I turned out. This fuse was for my light bars. Later on when I added the Kicker Sub I did the same thing with a 30 amp fuse. Hope this helps you out!

-Curtiss

·
Registered
299 Posts
That is exactly what I want to do. It would be nice if the terminals were available. Did the speed nut snap into the junction box?
If I remember right I had to file a tiny bit off the ones I got. Just enough so that they fit under the plastic tabs securely. It's a very clean way to tap in for power.

That junction box itself is actually fused at the battery with a 250 amp fuse. If you haven't done so, open up the junction box on top of the battery and you'll see unlike vehicles of old everything is fused right at the battery.

-Curtiss

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I was able to find one version of the terminals through Mouse Electronics: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/829-13869288 It's OEM Connector 13869288 and shown on page 3-74 of the 2018 Upfitters guide.

If I could only find the studs / bolts! I measured them and they are M5x.8, but they have a square head configuration which allows it to snap into place in the block.

-Matt
Matt, if you have an Ace, True Value, or Do It Best Hardware store near you, you should be able to find a Square head bolt like you want. Even if it is not Metric, as long as you getting a matching size nut you can get it done. Stay away from the big box stores like Lowes and HD, because their selection is very limited.

Reactions: Toughsox
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.