Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Skyjacker RCC25 Add-A-Leaf from Summit about a week ago and don’t care for them so I’m removing them. I also installed the Rancho Shocks that were recommended, the RS5190’s and RS5300’s. I plan to return the truck to the stock height in the rear and level in the front.

My question is this; can I still use the rear shocks? I’m guessing not so is there a Rancho shock available that would be equivalent to stock? I’d rather not put the originals back on if I don’t have to.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
There is a stock length Rancho - I think it's the RS5301.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Why don't you like the add-a-leaf? I ask because it was in my plans to install them on my truck.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I like mine a lot. Had a cord of firewood in it the other day and it rode very nicely. Same when empty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rangerbob said:
There is a stock length Rancho - I think it's the RS5301.
Thanks rangerbob. I'll see if Amazon has em. BTW, thanks for the help offer on the springs. I’d still like to hook up some time.

Why don't you like the add-a-leaf? I ask because it was in my plans to install them on my truck.
I like the ride but I don’t like all the air in the wheel wells with stock tires. It a personal preference thing I guess. Also, with the truck sitting level now, I’m concerned with the premature wear affect this may have on the front end components. I haven’t done the mod yet that lowers the front differential and I see others have their trucks lifted higher than mine so I guess I’m just a little paranoid.

I plan to keep the springs and maybe later I’ll throw em back on. (after I come to my senses)

·
Registered
51 Posts
actruck said:
I installed the Skyjacker RCC25 Add-A-Leaf from Summit about a week ago and don’t care for them so I’m removing them. I also installed the Rancho Shocks that were recommended, the RS5190’s and RS5300’s. I plan to return the truck to the stock height in the rear and level in the front.

My question is this; can I still use the rear shocks? I’m guessing not so is there a Rancho shock available that would be equivalent to stock? I’d rather not put the originals back on if I don’t have to.

Thanks
I'm thinking about adding that exact AAL but wonder how it would look with 31's. Do you have any pics? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts