Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was rear ended by a drunk girl the other day. her insurance already sent me a check and i have a appointment at the body shop on the 11th. a few people have mentioned asking her insurance for compensation for the dimished value of my truck. anyone know any details about this?

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
The basics: Your truck is now worth less because it's been repaired than it would be if it wasn't. The insurance should pay you this difference.

Your agent can help you.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Whatever you do do not cash the check, if you do that will settle the claim and you will not receive any more money, and leave it open until you are satisfied with the repair, then sign your paperwork

the dimished value is Compensation for the value of the wrecked truck, it is a separate claim,

And YOU have the right to take the truck to any shop you want, they cannot tell you where to take it, and you need to get several estimates to see how much damage is done and cost of the repair.

You have them over a barrel sense she was drunk, if you have problems get your insurance involved,

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haven't done anything with the check. i am having it repaired by my dealerships collision center. they said they would do the work based off the quote and back charge the insurance company with any hidden damages. i think i'm gonna call my insurance and see what they say. thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts