Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
problem:
when i'm driving around at about 40- 50 mph i then slow down to make a turn and step on the gas pedal again to pick up speed to for some reason when i step on the gas it hesitate and takes maybe 1 or 2 seconds before it accelerate....

any one have this problem?

·
Registered
558 Posts
the throttle is drive by wire, so maybe u are feeling the delay from when u put your foot down and the throttle open fully.

it always feels weird when switching from a cable to electronic throttle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the strange thing is it only happens when i turn ....... it kinda feel like a transmission miss shift.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hear you, I posted about the same issue. I think it is just a quality thing with this truck, I am not happy with it at all. I cheaped out by choosing thethe truck and now I regret it.
I feel the same jerk before speed kicks in.
Sometimes it goes from 4K RPM's to full RPS's in the red zone even though I didnt ask for that!

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
So is the engine hesitating or is it more like the tranny just doens't know what gear to go in? Have you tried it with a full tank of gas? FIll up and try turning real hard and try to duplicate the symptom again. If it goes away then maybe your fuel pump isn't sucking in fuel on hard turns with low fuel level from sloshing. If its more of a trans issue then that could just be the torque management doing its job and keeping the tranny from getting hurt.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I would say it is torque management guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts