Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My coworker brought me his 2007 Colorado he had bought for his son and he has been trying to solve an AC blower motor issue of intermittent operation. he had replaced the resistor and the wire connector for it. he replaced the blower motor and replaced the blower motor harness. The blower motor worked for awhile and then quit again. In desperation he replaced the AC control head on the dash, but no blower motor. Given all this info, I decided there must be a problem with the feed wire between the fuse box and the plug at the motor. The AC blower motor fuse was good with proper voltage in and out. I removed the glove box and unplugged the new blower motor harness and using a volt/ohm meter found that there was only 7 volts feeding the brown wire for the blower motor, not enough to operate it. Under the hood at the fuse/rely box, I checked for proper voltage at the blower relay terminals and I removed the blower relay, installed a jumper wire and still got only 7 volts at the blower plug. So, I ran a new 14 gage wire from the blower motor feed at the fuse in the fuse box to the blower motor plug by passing the factory wire. this brought 12.5 volts to the blower motor and it has worked fine now for two weeks. I could not see where any of the factory wire had been chopped, cut or compromised in any way, so the 7 volts I found at the blower motor plug is unexplained. I just wanted to pass this on to anyone having similar issues.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
If it fails again, clean up the ground connections at SP105 and SP106. SP 105 is behind the air cleaner mounted to the inner fender with one horizontal bolt. Also take SP105 apart and look for a burned wire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention that I had checked the grounds and finding no issue, but cleaned and tightened them anyway. Thanks for the advice!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Has anybody else had to do this? I have done the resister, the resister harness, the ground twice very good, the relay and still nothing. I had intermittant cutout on all speeds, now nothing. I have seen 7 volts at the fan motor at various times, and now I am only seeing 2 volts. This is on speeds 123 and 4, voltage goes to 0 when swich is off. I am at a loss. I am not sure where to start from here on out. I used to install amps and stereos, so wiring is not something I am scared of, but I would like to trace the stock wire a bit. Anyone know if its last stop before the motor is the fuse box? The pin under the relay shows 12v also. Very strange, but need to get it fixed before Winter!!!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
have you run direct from the battery (fused of course) to the switch, may shed some light...

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Pull the right kick panel. Down near the bottom of the opening find a 22 pin connector (either white or light grey). Disconnect the connector and check the condition of the pins. Both the positive and ground wires for the HVAC circuit go through this connector. Several people have found defective pins there.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Pull the right kick panel. Down near the bottom of the opening find a 22 pin connector (either white or light grey). Disconnect the connector and check the condition of the pins. Both the positive and ground wires for the HVAC circuit go through this connector. Several people have found defective pins there.
Was out doing this after I saw it on another site. Came back to update that I found exactly that. The huge harness had a brown wire that matched the motor wire and it was visibly burnt even before I unplugged the harness. I cut the wire out of the harness, soldered in a short piece to make up the length difference, and she runs better than ever. Thanks GOD, I was seriously going to replace every **** part before I let the dealer steal my money. Thanks to all who take the time to post these solutions!!

View attachment 11098

View attachment 11106

To be very clear to all that may run across this. I was having all speeds cutting out intermittantly, and experienced low voltage at the blower moter when tested with a meter using an external ground while testing (eliminating the blower ground as the culprit.). This harness is located in the passenger kick panel. Pull the door sill panel, pull the kick panel cover, and it is right there. Test the voltage of the brown wire at both sides with the motor switch on 4 and see if you have 12v on both sides. The wire is the same color brown and gauge as the wire in the motor plug. Hit me up if you have any questions!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Thanks for returning and posting the solution to your problem. The pictures are an added bonus. This will help others with the same problem.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks for returning and posting the solution to your problem. The pictures are an added bonus. This will help others with the same problem.

Absolutely! If I can help another guy not have to screw around in the driveway for 3 days while his kids are playing, I am glad to. I was trying everything until I saw a post about this harness. Had redone the ground 2 times, checked fuses, polarity, voltages, pulled motor and looked it over. I have been fighting this intermittantly for over 9 months. Dealer could not duplicate the problem when it was under warranty, and even charged me $45 for a troubleshooting fee. That really had me mad. Now i have no warranty, and will be leaning heavily on all of you guys for future problems. I will be here if anyone needs guidance for this problem, it was a doozy :clueless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts