Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, My 2004 Colorado had a Cv boot with a hole in it. My brother and i took it all apart only to get to the axle, which we couldn't figure out how to dissassemble to put the new boot on. So we taped the old boot back on and took it to a mechanic. On the way over my ABS Fault light came on. I jsut assumed that i would get fixed when the mechanic put the new boot on. It didn't. (i wish i would have told them to) So now i have a new boot on and still have the ABS issue. I'm trying to reset the computer by unhooking the battery for awhile, otherwise i may end up spend =ing 37.50 at the stealership to get it scanned...
I hope you guys have some other ideas on what to do.

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Check to make sure the harness id plugged in well at the hub. Then go to Autozone and have them scan it for you for free or borrow the scanner from them and check it yourself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
you likely wrecked one of the wheel speed sensors during the axle change. they are rediculously sensitive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my ABS issue fixed today, and i thought i should let you guys know what the story was. I ended up taking her to the stealership to have a diagnostic done. They put her up on the lift and did a scan. Suddenly i hear holy sh**. There was two bolts missing. 1 from the brake caliper and 1 from the knuckle that holds the caliper on. So i took it back to the shop that did the work to change the CV boot. They took it apart and put it back together correctly and the now the ABS work.
What a pain.
I wasn't able to check it out myself very well because i currently park in a snow bank.

·
Registered
97 Posts
DBNissan said:
The ABS sensor may be part of the BCM. Have you checked to make sure the harness is plugged into the sensor on the hub?
abs is listed under chassis on the Tech 2. not sure if aftermarket scanners support our trucks and abs being that abs is not emissions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I finally have closure on this whole issue. Two weeks ago the shop that i took the truck to put in a bolt that was the wrong bolt with a washer (it was to long) because they didnt have one in stock and there was none in the area.
Today i went back to get the correct bolt put in. While i was waiting the owner came out and asked me how much the Chevy dealer charged me for the inpection on my truck. I replyed "37 bucks" so he took out 37 bucks and gave it to me. Pretty Sweet!!
So they made it all right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts