Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, first-time poster here. I have a 2017 Certified Used Canyon (Diesel) which is about to go out of bumper-to-bumper coverage on the 22nd. I was wondering what (if anything) I should request from the dealer before they start nickel and diming me for everything? Certain TSBs that they would otherwise ignore (unless complained about), software updates, premature wear items, etc. that I can request be looked at before I'm on my own. I'm in the process of scouring old posts, but your expert help/input would be appreciated. The only issue I've had as of late is "service 4wd" notification when switching the ill-placed knob between 2 and 4wd. They looked at it, couldn't replicate anything, and sent me on my way...

Thanks again in advance!

·
Registered
140 Posts
post a pic of the girl

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Any thoughts on extending it through GM vs. other 3rd parties?
Never 3rd party, waste of money. GM or nothing and if nothing then just put the money you were going to spend on the extended warranty into a savings account and let that become your repair fund.

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
2020 Z71 CCSB
63 Posts
I’m not sure if it’s the same for everyone, but I have Geico insurance and they can act as an extended warranty. Just an added option that I’ve seen

·
Registered
2020 Z71 CCSB
63 Posts
Mechanical breakdown insurance is what can be added to your policy, atleast with Geico

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Check with your dealer what they have to offer. Seems like they are going third parties anyways . Or go to the GM or GMC site and they had something online for warranties to extend.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
this is from the oil change thread, I took the wifes Jeep in today for oil change and they checked for any TSB's and recalls

Same company owns my Chevy Dealer and they do the same...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts