Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've owned my 2004 Colorado for about a month now and after some maintenance items (that should've been done by the previous owner) I'm very pleased with the truck. I found a guy selling a topper that was off a 2004 GMC Canyon and the price was smoking. The kicker was the back window was shattered. I figured oh a few hundred for the glass and I'm gravy... cruising down the Wyoming backroads with a top of the line ARE topper. Ha. Dealer wants $713 for a new back window. :surprise:

Has anyone ever put a piece of Lexan or found a way around this issue? I understand its curved glass and requires drilling but I'm looking at spending more on the glass than I did on the topper. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Well the ARE Z series caps are friggin great! I have had 2 of them now. 4 ARE caps all together. Did you try calling ARE? You can take it to any cap dealer that sells ARE caps and get a price quote. Some dealers try to rip you off. I bought my last ARE Z series cap in 2015 and it was $1,800 brand new. I had a discount coupon from their website and got a 100 dollars off so it was $1,700. That seems a little expensive for just a back window.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Lexan+heat gun=new rear window.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I hate to be the one to point this out, but there's a reason the price was smokin. Those frameless glass doors and windows look great. But they break easy and are difficult and expensive to repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.