Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, the Houston Chapter's July 7th meet was attended by three very special guests, Morgan Johnson and wife Yvonne, and Jeff Bidwell. Morgan and his wife drove all the way from Shreveport, Louisiana to have the opportunity to meet some of the folks that represent this forum. Morgan Johnson is President of the United Auto Workers Local Union 2166 that represents all of the fine folks affiliated with the Shreveport Plant.

In addition, his wife Yvonne is also a Shreveport Plant employee. She puts the mirrors on our trucks!

The most prominent topics discussed were the future of the Shreveport Plant, our trucks in general, and ways in which we can assist in the prosperity of all of the above. It is with much enthusiasm that I might say, we have the opportunities to make a substantial impact for the future of GM's mid-sized trucks, and the course that is taken to make them the #1 truck in it's class!

Needless to say, the formation and continuity of our nation-wide chapters is by far, the best way to promote the GMT 355's, and see to it that their continued climb to the top are assured for the line-up's success.

Morgan Johnson represents and mirrors our efforts as well, and his visions for the growth of our chapters and promotion of the Colorados and Canyons are shared by each and every one of us.

If you think about it, your membership in this forum, and activities outside this forum are representative of the types of dedicated enthusiasts that have the potential to chart the course for the future of our trucks. Join your local chapter, if there isn't one.....then get on the ball with your fellow members to give birth to one, and above all - do so with diligence and purpose. Who knows, the next generation of Colorados or Canyons may have your name on it!

We thank Morgan for all that he represents, and we thank him for the support he has given us. Let's show him our fortitude in return by signing-up for the next Shreveport Tour!

·
Registered
553 Posts
he is important he had so many nice tips and info on things to come i was glad he could make it and i left with info on things i would have never known like the new hummer truck coming out and the new colorado packages and such

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually folks, Morgan called me the day after the Shreveport Tour. He wanted to relay his sentiments for not being able to attend the day's activities (he was on a business trip), and meet the folks from this forum. So, he requested a day to come down and get a chance to meet us...and it just so happened that we had our regular monthly meeting on July 7th.

The purpose of his visit was none other than to meet a few of the folks that participated in the Shreveport Tour, and to show his gratitude for our efforts; which gave the plant employees a great boost of pride!

As typical of the folks from Shreveport, we did receive some nice UAW LU 2166 pins, and not-to-mention, a very nice technically-illustrated book on the H3 Hummer (which is also built in Shreveport)!

Both Morgan Johnson and Jeff Bidwell are longtime friends, and we thought it was a great meet, reunion, and show of support to have both of them make a friendly, non-information gathering meet!

We hope we left an indelible mark on our guests, as diplomats and representatives of the ColoradoCanyonFans forum, and it's staff and members. :wink:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome and gifts at your meeting. Again I enjoyed meeting a lot of you and look foward to seeing you again. Morgan and I can tell, you guys sure like your trucks and we appreciate all you folks do to promote them. Without you folks, we could be like so many others and our UAW brothers and sisters would be out of a job.

Also if any of you have a question that you think I could answer, let me know. Again, thanks and hope to see you all soon. Jeff

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks Jeff....it's nice to be able to confer with someone that has the inside track on our trucks! Congratulations on the CCF Award.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
jeffdb said:
Also if any of you have a question that you think I could answer, let me know. Again, thanks and hope to see you all soon. Jeff
I think we all have a lot of questions concerning the V8 colorados :D

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
twopoint8 said:
jeffdb said:
I think we all have a lot of questions concerning the V8 colorados :D
Uh huh, like when can I put one in my drive way in place of my '04....?? :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd consider the change, even though I'm over my head on this one. However, a V8 in a GMT 355 is going to make it a totally different truck. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts