Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Put gages on the system.

I have used the AC pro freon in the past. They have it at most auto parts store. Not sure if anyone there can help you hook up the gages.

If you are unsure please bring it to someone that can help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put gages on the system.

I have used the AC pro freon in the past. They have it at most auto parts store. Not sure if anyone there can help you hook up the gages.

If you are unsure please bring it to someone that can help you.
The kits all have a gauge on them so I'll probably just get one and try it. Worst is that I will find out I have a leak I didn't know about and that'll be the next step.

·
Registered
10,476 Posts
The kits all have a gauge on them so I'll probably just get one and try it. Worst is that I will find out I have a leak I didn't know about and that'll be the next step.
It's worth a shot.
Good news is if the leak is big it would not cool at all because it would be empty.
If it's just low it will likely get you through the summer no problem, maybe even two or three.

·
Registered
2018 z71 3.6 long bed
729 Posts
You need to know what high pressure reads.
That tells the charge level.

Low pressure don't do anything but tell you there's freon in it.

Now. If you let the system stabilize for a couple hours or longer these days. By sitting. The low pressure can give you an idea. Depending on outside temps.

Those kits aren't accurate either.

·
Registered
10,476 Posts
Ya, if I was going to use the kit I would wear eye protection for sure and just add some and see if the low side starts to get colder. If it does add until it cools good then stop. Next step cross fingers that it gets through the summer.
IMO those kits are dangerous for someone that doesn't know what they are doing. Dangerous to the user and dangerous to the trucks AC system as in blowing a high side hose or killing the compressor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts