Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
So they heard the noise and engineers are aware of the "issue". A visual inspection confirmed. It's the air passing through the expansion valve. Because the trucks are fairly new they don't know what long term effects there are but its documented and 3 trucks they tested on the lot do it as well. They said the case will remain open and if I ever get any failures due to it I'm covered. As far as they know though it does not cause any, just a byproduct of how they designed it.

So just like many here speculated. I'll crank up the radio and keep enjoying my truck and the loud, but luckily cold AC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2017 Canyon with All Terrain package. There are only two things about my Canyon that I don't like and the metal sound from the AC compressor is one of them. I find it is most noticeable when the fan is on lower speeds and the radio is turned off. It is too bad because otherwise, this little truck is impressively quiet - and probably why it is noticeable. Although off topic, the only other thing I don't like is that the exterior rear view mirrors are not heated.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The A/C is a bit loud in my 2017 Colorado as well with low fan speed & no music etc... I figured it was normal, my 16 was about the same. What I don't like is that if I turn off the A/C it will come on anyway even with the auto climate off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
2020 ZR2 with the same problem.

Dealer states normal, which is BS.

Sounds like a steering pump low on fluid; awful!

Can someone please help with a solution?

Please advise.

My best.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep! The r1234yf freon and AC compressor in my 2018 Canyon is loud. I have learned to live with it. In my opinion GM did a poor engineering job with the AC controls on these trucks. The AC works and cools okay. But it is not as refined as well as other vehicles I own. Lots of complaining about the AC noise on other GM vehicles as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yep! The r1234yf freon and AC compressor in my 2018 Canyon is loud. I have learned to live with it. In my opinion GM did a poor engineering job with the AC controls on these trucks. The AC works and cools okay. But it is not as refined as well as other vehicles I own. Lots of complaining about the AC noise on other GM vehicles as well.
Thank you for confirming this. :(

21 - 26 of 26 Posts