Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
So they heard the noise and engineers are aware of the "issue". A visual inspection confirmed. It's the air passing through the expansion valve. Because the trucks are fairly new they don't know what long term effects there are but its documented and 3 trucks they tested on the lot do it as well. They said the case will remain open and if I ever get any failures due to it I'm covered. As far as they know though it does not cause any, just a byproduct of how they designed it.

So just like many here speculated. I'll crank up the radio and keep enjoying my truck and the loud, but luckily cold AC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2017 Canyon with All Terrain package. There are only two things about my Canyon that I don't like and the metal sound from the AC compressor is one of them. I find it is most noticeable when the fan is on lower speeds and the radio is turned off. It is too bad because otherwise, this little truck is impressively quiet - and probably why it is noticeable. Although off topic, the only other thing I don't like is that the exterior rear view mirrors are not heated.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The A/C is a bit loud in my 2017 Colorado as well with low fan speed & no music etc... I figured it was normal, my 16 was about the same. What I don't like is that if I turn off the A/C it will come on anyway even with the auto climate off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
2020 ZR2 with the same problem.

Dealer states normal, which is BS.

Sounds like a steering pump low on fluid; awful!

Can someone please help with a solution?

Please advise.

My best.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep! The r1234yf freon and AC compressor in my 2018 Canyon is loud. I have learned to live with it. In my opinion GM did a poor engineering job with the AC controls on these trucks. The AC works and cools okay. But it is not as refined as well as other vehicles I own. Lots of complaining about the AC noise on other GM vehicles as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yep! The r1234yf freon and AC compressor in my 2018 Canyon is loud. I have learned to live with it. In my opinion GM did a poor engineering job with the AC controls on these trucks. The AC works and cools okay. But it is not as refined as well as other vehicles I own. Lots of complaining about the AC noise on other GM vehicles as well.
Thank you for confirming this. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
So they heard the noise and engineers are aware of the "issue". A visual inspection confirmed. It's the air passing through the expansion valve. Because the trucks are fairly new they don't know what long term effects there are but its documented and 3 trucks they tested on the lot do it as well. They said the case will remain open and if I ever get any failures due to it I'm covered. As far as they know though it does not cause any, just a byproduct of how they designed it.

So just like many here speculated. I'll crank up the radio and keep enjoying my truck and the loud, but luckily cold AC.

2020 Colorado A/C compressor noise even with a new one changed out at 5000 miles. They need to come up with a fix ASAP. Tired of the grinding/humming in the cabin. Sounds like the new refrigerant does not match up with the same compressor they been using for years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Colorado A/C compressor noise even with a new one changed out at 5000 miles. They need to come up with a fix ASAP. Tired of the grinding/humming in the cabin. Sounds like the new refrigerant does not match up with the same compressor they been using for years.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts