Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was just wondering where can i find a 8 or 10 inch lift from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
thats alot of lift, it would have to be a combination of suspension and body lift along with tire height.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,318 Posts
for 8inches of just lift go CST + 3 in body lift. and for 8 inches in the suspension, you would have to about a SAS or rig something crazy up. I say you do the second choice! That would be badass!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Or just transplant the body onto a bigfoot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am pretty sure that someone out there has at least 8 inch suspension lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,570 Posts
willie16wild said:
i am pretty sure that someone out there has at least 8 inch suspension lift.
There are a few custom lifts where they replaced the entire suspension. No one makes a suspension lift bigger than 4-5".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,570 Posts
It's been done. You still have problems with not enough lift in the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
cst 5" for 4x4 or 2x4 z71 is discontinued. but if you could get a 4" suspension w/ 4" spindle lift and 2" t bar crank in front and the matching 4" lift aprox. 2" either add a leaf or new leaf for rear topped w/ a 2" shackle. then 3" body lift on top of the 4" suspension 2" tbar/shackle then that's 4+2+3 = w/ 35" tires.. BA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HowNowBrownCow said:
if u put a straight axle on it, anything is possible.
well i thought about a straight axle but that would ruin my warranty. i might put a 6 or 7 inch lift on then with suspension and body. i know if i put any kind of lift on it. it is going to ruin the warranty. but i will probably if i do wait so many years then put a stright axle under it and i need to save some money up to do that. And with that new of truck i won't be doing the work on it.haha
 

·
Going UP!
Joined
·
2,918 Posts
Georgiaz71 said:
cst 5" for 4x4 or 2x4 z71 is discontinued. but if you could get a 4" suspension w/ 4" spindle lift and 2" t bar crank in front and the matching 4" lift aprox. 2" either add a leaf or new leaf for rear topped w/ a 2" shackle. then 3" body lift on top of the 4" suspension 2" tbar/shackle then that's 4+2+3 = w/ 35" tires.. BA
That is a good theory, but from everything I have read and researched, you are going to run into issues with the drive shaft and the crossmember coming into contact once you go any higher than 5".

I am going to test the theory eventually, and maybe find a way around it if it does in fact cause a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
agreed willy. i did rule out the possibility of straight axling it. you ARE RIGHT. ANYTHING is possible then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
willie16wild said:
HowNowBrownCow said:
if u put a straight axle on it, anything is possible.
well i thought about a straight axle but that would ruin my warranty. i might put a 6 or 7 inch lift on then with suspension and body. i know if i put any kind of lift on it. it is going to ruin the warranty. but i will probably if i do wait so many years then put a stright axle under it and i need to save some money up to do that. And with that new of truck i won't be doing the work on it.haha
haha ya if your willing to front the cash for a solid axle swap, your willing to forfeit the warranty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Terrible1 said:
willie16wild said:
HowNowBrownCow said:
if u put a straight axle on it, anything is possible.
well i thought about a straight axle but that would ruin my warranty. i might put a 6 or 7 inch lift on then with suspension and body. i know if i put any kind of lift on it. it is going to ruin the warranty. but i will probably if i do wait so many years then put a stright axle under it and i need to save some money up to do that. And with that new of truck i won't be doing the work on it.haha
haha ya if your willing to front the cash for a solid axle swap, your willing to forfeit the warranty
Isn't any type of alteration to the suspension void the warranty? I could be wrong but I don't think so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,318 Posts
It voids the warranty on anything that is effected by the suspension. So probably All drivetrain warranty will be lost due to the tires. But im willing to bet that the electrical will still be covered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,570 Posts
goleee33 said:
It voids the warranty on anything that is effected by the suspension. So probably All drivetrain warranty will be lost due to the tires. But im willing to bet that the electrical will still be covered.

*sighs* Suspension mods do not just magically void a whole raft of things. They have to prove that your mod caused the problem.

For instance ( made up situation ) - I cranked my TBs, put the Skyjacker AAL on the rear, and put 33" tires on also. In order to weasel out of fixing a bad driveshaft they would have to prove that my mods caused the problem.



Modifying your truck doesn't just magically void the warranty guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Terrible1 said:
willie16wild said:
HowNowBrownCow said:
if u put a straight axle on it, anything is possible.
well i thought about a straight axle but that would ruin my warranty. i might put a 6 or 7 inch lift on then with suspension and body. i know if i put any kind of lift on it. it is going to ruin the warranty. but i will probably if i do wait so many years then put a stright axle under it and i need to save some money up to do that. And with that new of truck i won't be doing the work on it.haha
haha ya if your willing to front the cash for a solid axle swap, your willing to forfeit the warranty
oh yea i know. if i go to put any kind of lift on it. it will be ruining the warranty. well just the suspension warranty or what ever you want to call it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
about the nobody makes lifts above 4-5 unless you go custom. i don't know if you're talking only about colorados but my dad has a 1500 z82 w/ a 6" fabtech lift. that's not custom, that's a straight out the box lift. and he has a 1" body lift ontop of that. pics in gallery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,570 Posts
Georgiaz71 said:
about the nobody makes lifts above 4-5 unless you go custom. i don't know if you're talking only about colorados but my dad has a 1500 z82 w/ a 6" fabtech lift. that's not custom, that's a straight out the box lift. and he has a 1" body lift ontop of that. pics in gallery.

Why would we be talking about a 1500 on this forum? Especially when they guy was asking about 6"+ for his GMT355? :roll:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top