Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what are my options? I’m looking for a set of 18” black 5 star wheels. I guess the bolt pattern I’m looking for is 6x5.5?

·
Super Moderator
5,318 Posts
So what are my options? I’m looking for a set of 18” black 5 star wheels. I guess the bolt pattern I’m looking for is 6x5.5?
Adaptors are your only option of you want to run 6x120mm wheels... they will also act as wheel spacers

You need 6x139.7mm to 6x120mm adaptors

Or find wheels you like with the correct lug pattern(6×139.7mm or 6x5.5 inches) and a hub bore of 101mm or bigger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adaptors are your only option of you want to run 6x120mm wheels... they will also act as wheel spacers

You need 6x139.7mm to 6x120mm adaptors

Or find wheels you like with the correct lug pattern(6×139.7mm or 6x5.5 inches) and a hub bore of 101mm or bigger
I have a guy who has some black 20” 5 spoke 2016 Sierra wheels for $300. Included in the sale are tires that are way too big that I’ll end up selling.

They have the same lug pattern, but looking around here, will have to be bored bigger. I found a shop that will bore them, put on brand new tires, balance, and mount for $900. So when all is said and done, I’m at $1200. Is there anything I’m missing here? This seems to be a better alternative to buying brand new aftermarket wheels and tires, and I actually really love the looks of these rims.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,318 Posts
No you're not missing anything... the sierra wheels are 6x139.7mm but will have a hub bore of 78.1mm... you're truck has a hub bore of 100.3mm. Most just bore out to 101mm.

Sounds like a good deal... nice wheels and new tires for $1200

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No you're not missing anything... the sierra wheels are 6x139.7mm but will have a hub bore of 78.1mm... you're truck has a hub bore of 100.3mm. Most just bore out to 101mm.

Sounds like a good deal... nice wheels and new tires for $1200
Cool. Good to know. One more thing:
Mine is a white LT crew cab base 2wd model, I’m almost thinking 20” is gonna be a little much. Maybe I should try to just find 18”? I can’t really find much picture wise to help me make up my mind, I’m not great at navigating this site yet and all the photobucket pics look awful on my phone.

·
Super Moderator
5,318 Posts
Well... 18s or 20s is entirely up to you. 18s will give you a little more sidewall and some more protection from potholes and such. The 2005-2007 xtreme edition colorado used 18 inch wheels . Try googling some images of the xtreme

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well... 18s or 20s is entirely up to you. 18s will give you a little more sidewall and some more protection from potholes and such. The 2005-2007 xtreme edition colorado used 18 inch wheels . Try googling some images of the xtreme
I thought I saw somewhere that Toyota rims are a direct bolt on. Would Toyota Tacoma PreRunner wheels fit? I saw a set on marketplace with tires for $275.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts