Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
‘17 Colorado CCLB 2wd 2.8L Duramax Summit White
235 Posts
I wonder if that’s the same 6-speed manual they put in the earlier second gen 2.5L gas models here in America

Reactions: rotaryenginepete

·
Registered
2017 AT 4x4 LWN CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
3,434 Posts
I wonder if that’s the same 6-speed manual they put in the earlier second gen 2.5L gas models here in America
I don't know the max power and torque ratings for the Eaton FSO-2106, but if is less than 375 lb ft then I doubt it. The diesels did not get the 8L45 because it is not rated for more than 275 lb-ft of torque...and thank goodness for that. Now you have me curious as to what exact transmission the Holdens use.

·
Registered
2022 GMC Canyon Denali Diesel 4X4. Summit White, Cocoa/Dark Atmosphere, Black wheel package
284 Posts
A diesel with a manual? Yes, please. With the torque available, 5 is plenty for me, thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
what if you order a pedal assembly from GM for a 6spd manual 2.5?

Reactions: rotaryenginepete

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,978 Posts
Well if it wasn't wrecked, man it would bring back memories of driving on the other side of a vehicle:
I used to drive a:
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light

You just have to get used to basing yourself off of the right side of the lane instead of the left.
Oh, and left turns become bad blind spots inside of rights

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would love a manual for this truck, the auto diesel transmission is so rough. I could shift better myself.

Unfortunately, the US market is going less and less manual as time goes on.

·
Registered
957 Posts
My last truck was a 6 speed manual. I ordered it, dealer told me that it (my specific truck) was the very last Power Wagon to come off the line with the Hemi & 6 speed manual G-56 transmission.......

The bad part was when I started looking for everything needed for a new clutch. Nobody had any & everywhere I went, called or inquired I was greeted with laughter & "good luck". Including my dealer. I would love a manual transmission again but not if it's another unicorn. I truly didn't see that coming. I thought everything was the same as the diesel G-56 but nope, everything was different. Like finding Hen's teeth in a hurricane. Slightly smaller diameter shaft in transmission, 10.5" clutch instead of 11.5" of the Cummins, etc. .

·
Registered
2017 AT 4x4 LWN CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
3,434 Posts
Well if it wasn't wrecked, man it would bring back memories of driving on the other side of a vehicle:
I used to drive a:
View attachment 429942

You just have to get used to basing yourself off of the right side of the lane instead of the left.
Oh, and left turns become bad blind spots inside of rights
Did you know those were built on the S-10 chassis? The great grandfather of our 2nd gen trucks lol

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,978 Posts
Did you know those were built on the S-10 chassis? The great grandfather of our 2nd gen trucks lol
Yes it was a lowered version of the S-10. Had the 4cyclinder motor in it. Of and the GM instrument panel and starring wheel and column... Just on other side of vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts